• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your Acorn classification?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably immigrants. With 'hoodies'.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
      I knew there were a stack load of chav scum in my area but I seem to have the worst rating yet!! BTW, I live on the South coast and nowhere near the towns listed which just makes it worse!
      You don't have to live near those towns. It just means the people in your area are similar in demographic makeup, income and aspirations to those near you.

There are dives in the South as well as the North you know.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 July 2006, 15:55.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

the full 1-56 ratings

http://www.caci.co.uk/acorn/acornmap.asp

type 19 thought my area was nicer than that..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be well-off managers living in detached houses. These are known as type 11 in the ACORN classification and 3.7% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Comment

Originally posted by chef
            the full 1-56 ratings

http://www.caci.co.uk/acorn/acornmap.asp

type 19 thought my area was nicer than that..
            It's strange as mine is put as type 19 when the area is not suburban and not a renting area. As an example neighbour opposite is the MD of M&S. Shall I tell him?
            HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Have just put in my old student address and got Type 51! Has anyone lived in a sh1ttier area?

Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be single parents and pensioners living in council terraces. These are known as type 51 in the ACORN classification and 1.83% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Many towns and cities will have some neighbourhoods fitting this profile, but concentrations are found in Newcastle, Sunderland, Belfast, Liverpool and Greater Manchester.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

My god I actually moved somewhere nice!

Type 19

Family income High
                Interest in current affairs Very high
                Housing - with mortgage Medium
                Educated - to degree Very high
                Couples with children Very low
                Have satellite TV Very low

Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be prosperous young professionals living in flats. These are known as type 16 in the ACORN classification and 1.03% of the UK’s population live in this type...Like other urban groups, they will buy a daily paper to read on the way to work and will choose from the Financial Times, The Guardian and Independent. On Sundays they choose the Observer and The Sunday Times.
                  "
                  Seems I'm (was) in the same category. Sounds nice, but then the last part, I'm not too sure about.

Comment

It is the Guardian readers that worry me..

They tend to linger in groups in the evenings, on street corners and at bus stops... they also intimidate people near the muesli in Tescos...
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be young, living in converted flats, in multi-ethnic areas. These are known as type 18 in the ACORN classification and 1.14% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Neighbourhoods fitting this profile are almost exclusively a London phenomenon, with high concentrations in most inner and outer London boroughs.

Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:

Family income High
                      Interest in current affairs Very high
                      Housing - with mortgage Low
                      Educated - to degree Very high
                      Couples with children Low
                      Have satellite TV Low

Comment

Working...
                      X