• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many pairs of shoes do you have ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    I am probably alone in the world for not owning a pair of 'trainers'.

Haven't done since I gave up any pretence at sport at age 26.

What are all you people 'training' for?

Why do some of the most obvious, bear-bellied, couch-slobs insist on wearing this 'sports' clothing?

Anythinh with a Nike logo - whooo must be good

Nope, not alone. I own no trainers at all

I have a pair of those boot/trainer hybrid things that are comfortable for walking in if I'm out with the dog etc. A pair of cycling shoes, a couple of pairs of smartish old style canvas tennis shoes for informal occasions and two pairs of conventional gents shoes for work.

My other half hates almost all of them and is constantly trying to get me to buy new footwear
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      My other half hates almost all of them and is constantly trying to get me to buy new footwear
      Don't give in!

Shoes should be like old friends: easy and comfortable and with a familiar aroma!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I feel aggrieved and offended by this post because it does not take into consideration me who has a prosthetic leg. I will sue for damages.
        HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger

I feel aggrieved and offended by this post because it does not take into consideration me who has a prosthetic leg. I will sue for damages.
          Well, you still need fecking shoes don't you?

If you didn't have a prosthetic leg (and no real leg) then you'd only need ONE shoe.

If shoes exhibited the same transdimensional properties that socks, biros, plectrums and teaspoons had, then you'd be quids in matey!

Reminds me of the Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch where a bunch of one-legged guys nick all the single shoes on the display stand outside the shoe shop.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman

Reminds me of the Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch where a bunch of one-legged guys nick all the single shoes on the display stand outside the shoe shop.
            I remember that. Mel Smith in a raincoat hopping away. Ha!

Comment

1 pair Docs, for normal use.
              1 pair running shoes, for running in.
              1 pair walking boots, for the countryside.
              1 pair wellies, for wet conditions.
              1 pair Hockey skates, for ice skating.
              2 pairs slippers, for indoors.

Comment

After sticking my post code in upmystreet..

1 pair of docks (For fighting)
                1 pair of trainers (For running from the police)
                1 pair of Y fronts (For interviews & Birthdays)
                1 suit in blue (For court appearances)
                1 pair of wellies with velcro knee pads (For walks in fields at night)
                Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                X