• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Choice - Holiday Village

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    £4500 for a holiday is peanuts for most people. HTH BIDI
    If the Chavs are booking hols for £4k plus with loose change, then what sort of person would one expect on the bargain trips to destinations such as Ibiza, as advertised in travel agents shop windows up and down the high street.
    Last edited by insur; 28 May 2013, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by insur View Post
      If the Chavs are booking hols for £4k plus with loose change, then what sort of person would one expect on the bargain trips to destinations such as Ibiza, as advertised in travel agents shop windows up and down the high street.

It goes like this.

£4000 holiday in 5* hotel in Rhodes - Self employed brickies and the like (tattooed fckwits)
      £400 self catering holiday in Benidorm - Benefit scroungers.
      £40 holiday in a tent in October - IT contractors.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking of going to Rhodes which has a 5* rating and the cost is approximately £4500 in the second week of July (2 adults and 2 kids, aged 5 and 6) which is by no means cheap.

Considering the cost of the holiday, I was rather surprised to read the mention of Chavs in a number of the reviews.

Perhaps I should look else where...
        Be aware of the temps in Rhodes in July too. I have seen it notch 40. I don't know how old your kids are, but that kind of heat hurts kids. We try to keep it under 30, if they're active.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking of going to Rhodes which has a 5* rating and the cost is approximately £4500 in the second week of July (2 adults and 2 kids, aged 5 and 6) which is by no means cheap.

Considering the cost of the holiday, I was rather surprised to read the mention of Chavs in a number of the reviews.

Perhaps I should look else where...
          My other half told me the cruise she was looking at around the med for 7 days was around £4500 and that is with Royal Caribbean on one of the big ships. If you are spending that money I would look at the cruises. Crap loads to do on board plus trips. Gotta factor in some spend and time of ship though so that could easily rise but it is amazing how much you end up spending on 'all inclusive' hols as well.... No Chav's on the big ships yet. 2 meals in full evening dress, 2 in suits and 2 smart casual tends to put them off. The other option is the 24 hours deli on the top deck near the back. Sorted.

To be fair am not sure which week it was though.......
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X