• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm going to have to ask this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yes. The Met Office play a very important role in military planning.
    Makes sense really.

It's like GPS in USA - ze military get accurate readings and the plebs get degraded info.

Same with the Met Office in this country - it's very important to know 600 ft underwater that it's all sunny in Blighty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      There are many countries where the national weather service still falls under defence.
      In Soviet Union exact production figures of stuff like childrens cloths was falling under defense because ze enemy could not be allowed to know mobilisation potential of the country

Comment

There is more BS in this thread than on Bush's Texas farm

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          One of the places I worked with SC, the project team got a security violation because someone left a blank piece of paper on the printer at night.

I accidentally left a post-it note stuck on my desk (nothing on it). Came in in the morning and my colleague had labelled it "not protectively marked".
          I got carpeted for putting my own USB stick in my laptop, by accident, rather than there's. Literally, put it in, and 3 minutes later had a phone call, dragged into see head boss client...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I got carpeted for putting my own USB stick in my laptop, by accident, rather than there's. Literally, put it in, and 3 minutes later had a phone call, dragged into see head boss client...
            What would have happened if you bought your 4 TB external drive?

Put to ze wall???

---

So, is it an official secret why MetOffice forecasts are so tulip?

Are they taking the piss?

How ze military can rely on their forecasts?

Why would a sub deep under water care about weather on top other than general (it's ****ing 9 level storm kind of weather)?

Comment

They are taking the Mickey , Mickey.
              SC has nothing to do with security clearance (that is known as section 28)

SC is SadoMasochistic Contractors only. Once a site has been cleared, it is declared safe for 'straights' or normals.

So if you get someone on here like sasguru, who has been SC for 8 years, beware, because he will be fully tooled up with the leather gear, nipple clamps, hot candle wax and a gimp mask.

pm sas for more info

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                What would have happened if you bought your 4 TB external drive?

Put to ze wall???
                You may laugh, but it was touch and go whether I kept the contract or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  You may laugh, but it was touch and go whether I kept the contract or not...
                  Surprised they even let you in, komrade.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Surprised they even let you in, komrade.
                    I nearly failed CTC as I had multiple mortgages. I was interviewed about them.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      The Met Office is one of the few places in the world that knows the location of all the Trident Submarines so it can send weather data to them, I know I used to work there
                      Who would have thought that it rains underwater...
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X