• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religious nut kills himself in Norte Dame Cathedral as protest to gay marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'll drink to that.

Starting with Bliar.
    Bliar isn't a politician any more he just provides his unique expertise to companies and organisations worldwide while the Great British taxpayer pays for his reasonable security requirements.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Bliar isn't a politician any more he just provides his unique expertise to companies and organisations worldwide while the Great British taxpayer pays for his reasonable security requirements.
      We should pay them off instead
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        He should be commended.

If all religious people had the decency to do this the World would be a better (and safer) place.
        Yeah, but instead they pollute the earth with their insane ramblings and brainwash their children/family/friends with same garbage. If we had ditched religion 1800 years ago we would much more advanced and more peaceful.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          Yeah, but instead they pollute the earth with their insane ramblings and brainwash their children/family/friends with same garbage. If we had ditched religion 1800 years ago we would much more advanced and more peaceful.
          Maybe more advanced in technology terms, but then again maybe not. Islamic science and before that Hindu mathematics was very important in times when Europe was in the so-called 'dark ages', and there's no denying that religions have played a major part in moral thinking, the arts and music. Christianity has been a big factor in the development of 'work ethic' in technologically advanced societies. As for 'more peaceful', again, while religion has been a major factor in wars and crimes, so have secular ideologies. I'm not religious at all, but I think it's unfair to claim that we'd be better off without the monotheistic religions.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            And thus commits a mortal sin in the process condemning him to hell where if there is a God he will be bummed for eternity for his stupidity.

BBC News - Man kills himself inside Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris
            The whole mortal sin thing is guff.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Maybe more advanced in technology terms, but then again maybe not. Islamic science and before that Hindu mathematics was very important in times when Europe was in the so-called 'dark ages', and there's no denying that religions have played a major part in moral thinking, the arts and music. Christianity has been a big factor in the development of 'work ethic' in technologically advanced societies. As for 'more peaceful', again, while religion has been a major factor in wars and crimes, so have secular ideologies. I'm not religious at all, but I think it's unfair to claim that we'd be better off without the monotheistic religions.
              I always found this to be a strange argument. A bit like the jews being nothing but moneylenders, but being good at it.
              If you force all the brightest and best into a particular niche, they will do good at it. It wasnt the church that led the way, it was the fact that that's where all the brains ended up. Nowadays, the brains have a lot more freedom.
              I have nothing against the church (well, not much) they are a valuable institution, believers do seem a little odd to me, but no odder than I probably seem to them

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm not religious at all, but I think it's unfair to claim that we'd be better off without the monotheistic religions.
                I'm not sure the abused altar boys, victims of Islamist Jihads, Inquisition, Witch hunts etc etc etc etc etc would agree.

This is the most idiotic comment I have ever heard from a "non religious" person.

Comment

I'm not sure the abused altar boys, victims of Islamist Jihads, Inquisition, Witch hunts etc etc etc etc etc would agree.

This is the most idiotic comment I have ever heard from a "non religious" person.
                  Are you suggesting child abuse, militant violence and oppression by authorities wouldn't happen without religion?

Comment

The whole church being anti-science thing is a myth anyway. Up until a couple of hundred years ago it was the catholic church who was funding most scientific research as that was perceived as a route to understanding God through his work.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

So the history of secular ideologies is entirely free of starvation camps, political repression, secret police, dodgy boarding schools, human experimentation (for example involuntary sports drug programs) and so on?

Comment

Working...
                      X