• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurrah for the Blackshirts - favourite Daily Mail stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite Mail story today is this one:

The toothless loan shark: Market trader who ran illegal lending racket from his fruit and veg stall is spared jail because interest rates were 100 times LOWER than high street firms | Mail Online

Not because of the story, but because of one of the comments. Click the "worst rated" tab, and there near the top is one who comments:

Iwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall10 00charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillma keuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000chara ctersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseof all1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIw illmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000 charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmake useofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charact ersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofal l1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwil lmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000ch aractersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeus eofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000character sIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1 000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillm akeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000char actersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseo fall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersI willmakeuseofall1000charactersIwillmakeuseofall100 0charactersIwillmakeuseofall1000charactersthatisit

But unlike CUK the daily mail doesn't wrap the text, so it carries on all the way over to the right, as the horizontal scrollbar testifies

Edit: Well it made me laugh..
    Edit2: Yes it is exactly 1000 characters.
    Edit3: No it wasn't me.
    Edit4: Actually CUK has slightly mangled it - there is no space between each 10 and 00
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 21 May 2013, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You are part right - fascism was seen by elements of the ruling class as a bulwark against communism, but I think people are more complex than that. It's much easier to self-justify your position if you can believe in it, much as I would like to think that the powerful are all entirely cynical.
      Yep, but many of the German upper class absolutely hated Hitler. They fought in the army as was their family tradition, but it's no coincidence that many of the plotters in the various assassination attempts on Hitler were patricians or aristocrats, and some others tried to undermine him politically. Basically they felt he was an oik, a rabble rouser and a dangerous loon who would destroy Germany. Fairly accurate assessment.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
      X