• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really very serious charges for Menezes officers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mailman
    Pretty hard to get a witness statement BEFORE the police shot the illegal immegrant innit?
    The reason I specifically put (or Before)was for your benefit & no one elses.

Because it is you who relies on Police justification for further suspecting Menezes on those mistaken witness statements.

And no, the witness statements Im talking about were those collected by the BBC...not the police.
    Yea right I bet [not] you were. Makes no difference though. The Police knew those statements were incorrect but did not attempt to correct the mistakes until challenged. They preferred to let those statements stand even though they knew them to be wrong. You also seem to conveniently ignore the witness statements the Police did take.

I notice you avoid even attempting to explain why the Police lied so much.

Comment

Of course bogeyman if we just let the police get on with being police (ie. arresting blacks for being in areas they shouldnt be or arresting all muslims because they are potential terrorists) then we would get morons like yourself going on about the PC still not doing their job properly

They are in a no win situation with people like yourself.

Mailman

Comment

Bogeyman had just said
        Originally posted by bogeyman
        They (frontline coppers) are pushed and pulled from all directions, get little or no thanks for putting their safety on the line everyday, and are hated by a fairly large section of our wonderful population.
        to which mailman concludes ...
        Originally posted by Mailman
        They are in a no win situation with people like yourself.
        Doh !
        Last edited by BobTheCrate; 18 July 2006, 14:26.

Comment

Let’s just face it. The police force is in a total shambles and most of the police are incompetent and led by officials who couldn’t run tea shop never mind a police force.

They are aware of their own incompetence that is why whenever there is a crime they will arrest any convenient suspect. They want to be seen to be doing something positive. How many times do we hear on the news that such an such a person has been arrested for a high profile crime and then a few days later he is quietly released.

The same happened with the killing of Menendez. The Police and MI5 had blundered leading up the 7/7. They were under pressure to make good their incompetence.

Police incompetence leads to:

Real criminals getting away with crimes.
          Innocent people being arrested, convicted and killed.
          Tax payers money being put into a black hole.

I know a number of small businesses who have suffered from shop lifters. What happens when they call the police? They get told to come into the police station a make a statement.

What happens at Tesco’s , one call to the police and the will be a police car around in minutes.

Police killings/murder, not the first time. Remember the man with the table leg? The man who’s neighbour was a known crook and the police shot at the wrong car, dragged the driver out, shot him again and then bludgeoned him. If these things had happened in Cuba or China the government would have no end of criticism.
          HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
            Let’s just face it. The police force is in a total shambles and most of the police are incompetent
            Oh, can I throw my own sweeping generalisation in here too? Most Muslims are terrorists!

There, that should appease the PC morons out there!

Mailman

Comment

Oh, can I throw my own sweeping generalisation in here too?
              You don't normally ask permission to throw in sweeping generalisations.

It's all you ever do.

When it comes to sweeping generalisations mailman, you're the Queen.

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveB]There is a widely held school of thought that the World Trade center attacks came about as a response to American foriegn policy in the Middle East. In particular the Palestine issue, American attempts to excert influence over the Middle East political arena, Americas support of Israel and the American sponsored invasion of Afganistan.
                QUOTE]

Sorry - probably just a slip on your part, but quite a lot of people seem to be making this mistake these days - the invasion of Afghanistan came AFTER and BECAUSE OF the attack on the World Trade Centre, to depose the Taliban, who had allowed Al Qaeda to set up training bases in their country. Al Qaeda were originally motivated by a desire to remove "unbelievers" from the Islamic Holy Land of Saudi Arabia (i.e. mainly US troops who were stationed there before, during and after the First Iraq War, which was fought, as I recall, in order to liberate a Muslim state following it's invasion by another Mulsim state (and, of course, to stop Saddam Hussein getting his hands on Kuwaiti (& then later Saudi and Qatari) oil).
                Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Also it was not only the WTC that were hit.
                  http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X