• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really very serious charges for Menezes officers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp
    For what it's worth Menezes didn't jump the ticket barrier and he wasn't wearing a thick coat:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...7/nmenez17.xml
    No, BUT there were witnesses who said he had and he was wearing a thick jacket AND they had seen a bomb belt and wires.

But then again, I guess its just easy to dismiss all those statemetns out of hand simply because hindsight is a wonderful thing

Neh mind, Im sure when the next bomb goes off you nancy boys will be the first in line to condemn the police for not doing enough to protect you

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      How come they fired 11 shots & missed 3 times...
      Cause there asnt a lot to hit by the time the 9th, 10th and 11th shots had been fired

Then again, you think it might have something to do with the adrenalin flowing through their bodies, the heat of the situation and the possibility the guy could detonate at any second (and yes, we know NOW that he wasnt wearing a bomb BUT they didnt know that at the time).

Once they had him pinned they had no need to shoot him. They could probably also see that the only place he could be concealing a bomb would have been up his own arse much like the location of Postman Prats head!
      **** off, you have no idea of the pressure these officers were under to do their job when the guy walked on to the train. The believed (as far as we know) that the guy was about to detonate so they did the right thing for the sitation they thought was truely explosive.

As Ive said, isnt hindsight a wonderful thing when the most dangerous thing you will ever do in your life is drink milk one day over its used by date!

And as for that other clown accusing the police of carrying out an execution...BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

Cause yeah, these guys probably woke up in the morning thinking to themselves "I might go carry out a state sponsored execution of some innocent Brazilian who gets on a train today".

I know bob, its hard to disengage emotion and engage the brain at times for you

Mailman
      Last edited by Mailman; 18 July 2006, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        we need our police to be able to kill without wondering what the consequences will be
        Stunning!

Would you like to read that sentence again TLG, and ponder on it a while?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
          Stunning!

Would you like to read that sentence again TLG, and ponder on it a while?
          Maybe it needs an "in the line of duty" throwing in but you know I meant that anyway. The rest of the post makes it clear.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Maybe it needs an "in the line of duty" throwing in but you know I meant that anyway. The rest of the post makes it clear.
            Oh don't back off now! Just I was applauding you for original and radical thinking.

I was just pondering how good it would be if we gave the cops a 'kill with impunity in a public place' period of about a month, between the hours of 21.00 and 06.00 on Fridays and Saturdays.

Would certainly sort out some of our more problematical town centers. Especially Cardiff.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

And for that to happens there needs to be a clear line of Command, Control and Communications.

Which in this case there were not.

That is why I am others are not happy about this.

The guys death sentence was sealed when Gold Commander activated SO19 to Stockwell and control went to SO19.
              http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NickIT
                The guys death sentence was sealed when Gold Commander activated SO19 to Stockwell and control went to SO19.
                Is he anything to do with Gold Dalek? If so, no wonder there was an almighty balls up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
                  Is he anything to do with Gold Dalek? If so, no wonder there was an almighty balls up.
                  GC on that was Cressida Dick.
                  http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Anyone who has worked with the Police (or indeed been in the plod) will know that there are countless bang to right cases which are dropped by the CPS for reasons such as 'not in the public interest' etc etc etc.

While this is a very high profile example it is by no means the only example. Bear that in mind when you cry 'whitewash'...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickIT
                      Actually no, the guys death sentence was signed by the islamic terrorists who spontaneously detonated on the 7th of July.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X