• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Infernal council tax bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah tell me about it. I called the police out no less than 12 times whilst living there and the noise warden 11 times and NOT ONCE did anyone attend all for £1049 a year! Not only that, our bin was collected once every 2-4 weeks.

London 2012 - ha! Can't even mange the native (or non native in East London) population...

Thanks for all the suggestions
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
      Yeah tell me about it. I called the police out no less than 12 times whilst living there and the noise warden 11 times and NOT ONCE did anyone attend all for £1049 a year!
      The amount paid for police is separate from main council tax fee and its rarely over £50 per year, so in effect what you wanted is to have 1 call per month for a fiver, not even Alf would do that...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        The amount paid for police is separate from main council tax fee and its rarely over £50 per year, so in effect what you wanted is to have 1 call per month for a fiver, not even Alf would do that...
        Yeah £5 for them to send a template letter that says "sorry we could not attend your mugging".
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
        X