• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linked In Endorsements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I know we've talked about these before but I've just had one, for something I do actually do
    Yes I had this, but from a couple of people that couldn't possibly have known that I had some small skill in those areas.
    I'm starting to think Bolshie has a point.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I give and get endorsement when they are deserved, but of course this can't be guaranteed across the globe.
      LinkedIN as a whole is very useful - you can usually look up your hiring manager and play to their strengths and experience during the interview, for example, "do you remember how we had to code using punch cards, now that was hard and this job will be easy for me compared to that" and so I got the job, even though I only spent like a couple of days with a punch card operated mainframe...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        No, a strap on (for DP of course!)
        You have been in cloggers too long you kinky bitch!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Endorsements and recommendations are very different beasts and anyone who uses LI will be aware of how much each are worth...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            You have been in cloggers too long you kinky bitch!
            you don't need to go to cloggers to be kinky
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I know we've talked about these before but I've just had one, for something I do actually do
              Well, I ignored your thread all day (nothing personal, BTW. )

And then, one hour ago, someone "endorses" me on LinkedIn for the first time.

For the life of me I didn't know why, so dropped him a message. Seems he hates his job so is "connecting, endorsing - ass-licking" everyone he can find on LinkedIn in the hope of finding a new one.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Can you switch off endorsements?

Also can you add in endorsement terms? Could you add one like 'dickhead' and endorse people with that?

I noticed an agent today who had lots of programming language endorsements, I don't know where to begin with that.

Comment

How to Turn Off LinkedIn Endorsements - CIO.com
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                    I give and get endorsement when they are deserved, but of course this can't be guaranteed across the globe.
                    LinkedIN as a whole is very useful - you can usually look up your hiring manager and play to their strengths and experience during the interview, for example, "do you remember how we had to code using punch cards, now that was hard and this job will be easy for me compared to that" and so I got the job, even though I only spent like a couple of days with a punch card operated mainframe...
                    Hmmmm, was I sucked into time-warp time travel? Punch cards? Not even I remember that and I am not a kid either...
                    My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Can you switch off endorsements?

Also can you add in endorsement terms? Could you add one like 'dickhead' and endorse people with that?

I noticed an agent today who had lots of programming language endorsements, I don't know where to begin with that.
                      This is what I do with endorsements:

1) I only endorse someone I know, or someone I networked with for a while and know their skills.

2) I manage my endorsements, such that skills that I want to highlight are on the top. You can do this by hiding some endorsements from random people and thus your skills that are less important to you will be shown lower on the register. You can also entirely delete a skill if you wish.

3) By leaving LinkedIn nothing is gained. I got contracts through LinkedIn before, so I will stay put and manage my image by removing spammers, looking at potential decision-makers, networking with relevant people, etc.
                      My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X