• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As SY01 problems go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a MEMEME thread ? I cant make up my mind.

I like it that SY is now whipping the collective German asses but I dont want to hear about it every time he solves a problem.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Just one small point I'd like to make.

I don't care.

HTH BIDI

Yes, and eek does. Which is why he's ten times the man you'll ever be.

Are you short?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I'm foaming and babbling for a change

For clarity :

There is their environment. VM somewhere in the cloud. It was allegedly not touched since ages. Later I found out that only last week they reinstalled the BPM tool, which did rather make me wonder why the initial finger pointing was at me. In terms of windows updates, none since 2011.
        There are wider problems with this machine which is why I'm staying off it. The finger pointing rather shocked me.

Then there is my environment. A VM, running on my little laptop. Been as good as gold, until the day of the microsoft updates.

I can scrape .net 4 off and reinstall, but what is best practice? Bearing in mind there is IIS7, with app pools that use is, VS2010 and SQL Server 2008 (although I believe this uses .net 3.5sp1).

Really appreciate your help eek, can't wait to meet up for the next hog roast to buy you a half to say thanks

Sql server is .net 3.5 so shouldn't be impacted.

VS2010 is .net4. From memory removing and reinstalling .net 4 is possible without it insisting on VS2010 being removed so it should be doable but I haven't tried it in years.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Is this a MEMEME thread ? I cant make up my mind.

I like it that SY is now whipping the collective German asses but I dont want to hear about it every time he solves a problem.
          I only started the one thread dude.

The only other thread was about my car, and that was yonks ago.

Two Suity problem threads in 6 weeks? That's not bad going, and certainly not excessive, so, ummm, how can I put this.

^^^^

Kiss it!
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I was in Gütersloh with the forces ... nice place
            Not too many of them now though. I worked there on and off as a consultant at Bertelsmann, some of the people were right pillocks, mainly the external consultants and that includes the ones from the company I was working for.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X