• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rant, rant, rant...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proggy View Post
    I regularly do this as you very unlikely to every be done by the police, and why should I let other people potentially block me for ages?
    spoken like a true tw@

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      From wikipedia (bolding is mine)

"A box junction is a road traffic control measure designed to prevent congestion and gridlock at junctions. The surface of the junction is typically marked with a criss-cross grid of diagonal painted lines (or only two lines crossing each other in the box), and vehicles may not enter the area so marked unless their exit from the junction is clear (or, if turning, to await a gap in the oncoming traffic flow)."

People who can't understand this simple concept should be lined up and shot at dawn.
      I'd love to see a situation where each time the light changes, a couple of coppers would rush out from nowhere and slap £200 fixed penalty notices on every car and lorry still stuck on the junction.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        spoken like a true winner
        FTFY, you sit like a nice little permie obeying all the rules without question

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          FTFY, you sit like a nice little permie obeying all the rules without question
          MODS!! Can he get banned for clearly being a chunt?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I'd love to see a situation where each time the light changes, a couple of coppers would rush out from nowhere and slap £200 fixed penalty notices on every car and lorry still stuck on the junction.
            I got done by a camera [fined] in north london for having the back half of my car in a box junction.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Booooring. What we really need are spikes that shoot up whenever ever the lights change, skewering anyone on the box junction. Then they retract and allow people to drive across.

Hmm, unless of course, the box junction is now blocked by cars full of dead people. This might need some more thought

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                MODS!! Can he get banned for clearly being a chunt?
                Asking for bans? Now let me look at the rule book....oh right

Comment

It's a classic game theory dilemma though, because someone too law abiding to venture onto the box junction until the road beyond is sufficiently clear will be blocked almost indefinitely by the crossing and turning traffic, and if mudskipper was behind this paragon of driving rectitude she'd become even more steamed up!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Hmm, unless of course, the box junction is now blocked by cars full of dead people. This might need some more thought
                    It would be chaos for a short while, but it's already chaos.
                    After a short period of suffering, the roads would be flowing beautifully. Worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      I got done by a camera [fined] in north london for having the back half of my car in a box junction.
                      Do you have a large backside?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X