• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England's chances in the World Cup ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ..

He basically performed the role Becks is supposed to perform now
    Well not quite, I don't recall Gillette clamouring for PB to model their new razors although I believe he did get a few bob modelling for the front covers of "Goosebumps"!

Comment

Re: ..

I think Beardsley was seriously underrated.
      Yes, but he was f ucking ugly though, you have to admit.

I reckon we've got a great chance in next WC if Sven takes a few more chances. We should have beaten Brazil in the last WC if Sven had told them to go for it 2nd half.

Watched Mexico beat Brazil last night - Brazil were very ordinary, and how anybody like Roque Junior can get 30 odd caps for Brazil is beyond me!

Comment

>> I don't recall Gillette clamouring for PB to model their new razors

Exactly what's wrong with Becks - one of the weak links in the present team IMO.

Comment

??

>> Yes, but he was f ucking ugly though, you have to admit.

What's that got to do with the price of fish? Are you gay?
          I don't care if every player in the English team looks like Quasimodo if they can play.

Comment

Re: ??

Yes, but he was f ucking ugly though, you have to admit.
            Maybe, but he was a class player. Lineker grabbed the glory as the scorer, but a lot of his goals were thanks to the skill and vision of Beardsley.

Comment

Re: ??

Quite possibly the best goal ever scored IMHO.
              What, even better than Archie Gemmel 1978, vs Holland?

Controversial.

Van Basteen 1998 European Championship final, vs Russia ...

Comment

Working...
              X