• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awkwardness - turning down an offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Does anybody else find it incredibly awkward going to an interview, receiving an offer and having to explain to an agent why you won't accept? Especially when they have worked really hard to get you the role........
    No.

Next!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Last offer I had I turned down, they came back with a higher rate, I turned it down again, they upped the rate and I'm starting today

Long and short of it is you are a business, and if not in your best interests either commercially or socially then don't take it. Do you think ClientCo agonises of telling an interviewee no? Same principle really
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Really?

I suppose the usual total silence from their end is a bit of a hint.
        The client will always tell the agent you've been unsuccessful, whether the agent passes this on is another matter!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nope, it is a professional arrangement and I behave in a professional manner.
          Although I suspect the OP is using this as a disguised vanity thread to show how he has so many offers that he's beating them off with a stick. There are some needy folk on here
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Although I suspect the OP is using this as a disguised vanity thread
            Should we start to charge for vanity threads?
            And if they're really rich, then Sas and DimPrawn could cough up at least £4.99 for each of their utterances - Admin would love it..

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Nope, it is a professional arrangement and I behave in a professional manner.
              Although I suspect the OP is using this as a disguised vanity thread to show how he has so many offers that he's beating them off with a stick. There are some needy folk on here
              NSS!

(Now rep me, I need the attention)

Comment

I have had sleepless nights for many reasons. This isn't one of them.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Yeah because the agent and client will be crying on their pillow all night that you turned them down. I love turning down contracts it means you are in demand or can afford to say no to crappy clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I have had sleepless nights for many reasons. This isn't one of them.
                    Speed and amphetamines will do that.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X