• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shifting Mortgage to credit card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Sounds like MF aka "Credit Card Tart" will never get a mortgage
    I've moved onto collecting Avios, Hilton Points and BA miles now.

It's 12500 points for a case of 12 bottles of wine.
    I've got 1/2 million points, 20 free stays at a Hilton and six business class flights anywhere in the world

(Pity i don't have anytime to do any of 'em :-( )
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I've moved onto collecting Avios, Hilton Points and BA miles now.
      You sad pathetic old man.

Comment

You tell him how many HDD you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You tell him how many HDD you have now.

Lost count, but should be well over 1000 now, I am about to place order for 80 more today

Oh wait

Comment

Alexei, there is more to life than collecting Meerkat puppets you know.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              WHS.

They will pickup all loans and credit card debts and subtract that from any equity and deposit on a mortgage, as this debt is included along with the mortgage debt when calculating LTV.

So, really, apart from a few hundred quid saved (do it for that purpose if it makes you happy), there's no point.
              Not only credit card debt, if you have a 15k limit with a zero balance you effectively still have a 15k debt in their eyes.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Been transferring credit cards since my uni days. Always have a direct debit set-up with minimum payment. Never had a late payment. When 24 months is over I will simply transfer to another credit card - as I have been doing for many years.
                Doesn't this mean your debt is growing ever larger as you are not paying the interest and providers generally charge 3% of the outstanding balance when you switch to a 0% offer - you'er not paying but it's looming ever larger.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Doesn't this mean your debt is growing ever larger as you are not paying the interest and providers generally charge 3% of the outstanding balance when you switch to a 0% offer - you'er not paying but it's looming ever larger.
                  So companies such as RBS, MBNA etc require minimum payment of 1%/month. So generally you will pay off in the region of 20% over 2 years. The fee was only 2.9% so you are still paying off a chunk of it. Companies such as Barclaycard require 2% minimum payment, so you will be paying it off twice as fast as in the above example....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Ok so for 5k that is £200/year which is £400 over the 2 year duration. £400 extra in my pocket is worth the 10 mins it will take me to do the transfer.

In addition to that it is going to bring down the interest rate I will have to pay to the bank due to the LTV. there we are talking about much larger amounts of money.....
                    Well it's £400 less the £145 transfer fee. Personally I would pay off the existing debt on there, which reduces minimum payment and improves your cashflow. An extra £50 in your pocket every month for two years is pretty handy, can be used to pay down the debt or your mortgage.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      Not only credit card debt, if you have a 15k limit with a zero balance you effectively still have a 15k debt in their eyes.
                      Where can I read about this, that's mental.

Comment

Working...
                      X