• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When you're cruising down the river, do you like to wave at people on the river bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are wearing your little sailor boy uniform it's probably best not to wave.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I was cruising down a river, and saw these people on the bank waving at me. So I waved back. It started to get a bit ugly though, as they started shouting at me - I couldn't make out what they were saying, but they sounded angry or something.

30 seconds later I went over the waterfall.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        30 seconds later I went over the waterfall.
        Is that a emphamism?
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I used to like waving when I was on the narrow boat. but that was on the canal, not the river. So I suppose it's a completely different waving scenario. If you want to start a thread on canal-waving, I would be delighted to contribute

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            Indeed, this is my rowing patch, waving is normal, better still if you have a 6pack and are topless

Dont go too close to the Gun at the blue bridge opposite the O2, you will get bottles hurled at you, ditto the party boats!
            You're not a member of the Poplar or Blackwall rowing club are you? Whose club house is on the southern tip of the Isle of Dogs?
            I got a telling off yesterday from one of their members for using their loo without permission. Well it was right next to the slipway I used to launch, and was so convenient.

I go too fast for flying bottles to reach me..

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            Sorry, could you just clarify exactly what you are waving?
            Haha. Yes sometimes my hands are just too small for folk on the river bank to see.

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I thought cruising was an activity the likes of which shaunyboy and spod would do on clapham common, late at night?

You can do it in broad daylight on the Thames. But you've got to tie the boats together to prevent them from separating while you're humping..

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            If you want to start a thread on canal-waving, I would be delighted to contribute

Not a good idea - the presence of locks means there is only a finite distance I can try to escape to should any offended "wavees" choose to give chase.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              You're not a member of the Poplar or Blackwall rowing club are you? Whose club house is on the southern tip of the Isle of Dogs?
              I got a telling off yesterday from one of their members for using their loo without permission. Well it was right next to the slipway I used to launch, and was so convenient.

I go too fast for flying bottles to reach me..
              to see.
              I was there for 4 years, am Putney way now. The shouting sounds about right, full of old boys ignored by their wives.

The bar is open to the public, fact that the loo is just outside is their design error loads of people use it!

Comment

I thought cruising was an activity the likes of which shaunyboy and spod would do on clapham common, late at night?

No, that's dogging. Please tell me you did not get those two mixed up on a cruise ship!
                Sorry, it does appear I am right:

Cruising for sex, or cruising is the act of walking or driving about a locality in search of a sex partner, usually of the anonymous, casual, one-time variety. In a specifically sexual context, the term "cruising" originally emerged as an argot "code word" in gay slang. The term "cruising" continues to predominantly denote exclusively homosexual behaviour.
                Ok, I thought so.

Comment

Sorry, it does appear I am right:

Ok, I thought so.

Well well - I yield to your knoweldge of homosexual causual sex (although not in any other way).
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Well well - I yield to your knoweldge of homosexual causual sex (although not in any other way).
                    Nah, didn't know, heard it on the news after that Welsh MP got caught looking on Clapham common, well, possibly for Fat boy and his Captain. I think, given its proximity to Wandsworth, that it also must be one of sas's Unknown knowns

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      I used to like waving when I was on the narrow boat. but that was on the canal, not the river. So I suppose it's a completely different waving scenario. If you want to start a thread on canal-waving, I would be delighted to contribute

That can get embarrassing if they're walking along the tow path in the same direction, once you've waved you can't just ignore them for the remainder of the journey.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X