• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66/S58 update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you missed the Cretin bit.
    You were smart enough not to get into that tulip

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      The BN66 crew and the muppets who support them like Dh00g and NotAllThere and Cojak etc keep arguing that this sets a precedent which means the govt will keep changing laws retrospectively, which is simply bollox
      I never said I support BN66ers. I know you love putting words in peoples' mouths but this is untrue - I merely support retrospective legislation even less, especially after such periods of time.

HMRC are not waiting watching real time data and wanting to chase criminals who committed a crime in real time. They have limited resources and will come after you when they can.
      What rot. If it's such a big deal they could have easily prioritised it. They do have computers in HMRC and it would hardly be difficult to guess who to look at.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      The courts said it was legal for Govt to use this particular element of retrospection.

So the law has spoken - what the Govt did was legal.

Some could argue that it was immoral for Govt to do it, but it's legal.

Why should the Govt cave in after it won the legal challenge?
      So if the lobbyers get their way, reversing the decision will also be legal and you'll have nothing to complain about.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Timely response is a reasonable expectation from the above.
        Is that what the QC opinion said?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I never said I support BN66ers. I know you love putting words in peoples' mouths but this is untrue - I merely support retrospective legislation even less, especially after such periods of time.

What rot. If it's such a big deal they could have easily prioritised it. They do have computers in HMRC and it would hardly be difficult to guess who to look at.

So if the lobbyers get their way, reversing the decision will also be legal and you'll have nothing to complain about.
          I will have no complaint about the legality of repealing the legislation. However, I would view the repeal as bad legislation

Comment

Maybe legal, definately immoral - just like the act of paying 3.5% income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Maybe legal, definately immoral - just like the act of paying 3.5% income tax.
              Actually the 3.5% isn't legal. Didn't you hear about the change in law?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Actually the 3.5% isn't legal. Didn't you hear about the change in law?
                Yes, it's entirely legal to pay 3.5% income tax in UK but only if you get just over your allowance

Comment

Nope you love the BN66 crew to the point where it is now very cringy. For someone who believes in God and pays his fair share of tax I wonder why you adopt such an aggressive stance of supporting them I wonder. I wont be surprised if there are skeletons in your cupboard.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I wont be surprised if there are skeletons in your cupboard.

So you think he is a necromancer?!??!

As long as he pays his taxes it's fine by me

Comment

Working...
                    X