• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monkeys, Daleks and other random balls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a world champion, you losers.

(And a monkey in the spare time).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Going to Milan for a wedding soon and as we are there a couple of days before, thinking of taking a train to Venice. What are the trains like Franco or did they all fall to pieces again after Mussolini left?

PS Cheaty bastards!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        PS Cheaty bastards!
        I agree. Poncy latin scum hanging on to mama's apron strings.

And with that totally uncalled for abuse, I'll get me coat...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Going to Milan for a wedding soon and as we are there a couple of days before, thinking of taking a train to Venice. What are the trains like Franco or did they all fall to pieces again after Mussolini left?

PS Cheaty bastards!
          Not as good as in Japan or France but way ahead of England (and also still reasonably cheap). Did you know that we used the Pendolino (now promoted by Virgin as a fast new train in UK) in the early 90s and soon dismissed it as it was considered unsafe. Tells you something about the state of trains in Britain. Venice-Milan is quick and easy. Go for it.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Cheers Franco!
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Cheers Franco!
              Check this out:

http://www.trenitalia.it/

just type Milano - Venezia, 3 hours.

Comment

Cheers again. Think I can figure that out. Why is it so easy to read Italian even if you don't know any? I bet if I asked atw how to get from Stalingrad to Trotskygrad I would get some site requiring me to enter \ßžžÏF4 in the Âðîx†ãh\ ~j¶ and click on †áä2ìïõH:èM'Ã1
                bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  Check this out:

http://www.trenitalia.it/

just type Milano - Venezia, 3 hours.
                  I used the website to book some train tickets from Pisa to Varenna for Bellagio last year in advance from the UK - just printed them off at one of those electronic thingies at Pisa.

Definitely worth it. Express trains are OK but the slow ones are full of pushy Italian mamas and smelly hobos.

Bastard Italian Procuratore Speciale Autostrade caught up with my non-collection of toll ticket because it was faulty. No reprieve, no escuses, just tracked me down after a year to the UK via hire car company and ask me to pay a 16 euro fine. The fecking webtulipe doesn't work so it'll have to be a n international call.

Bastards... now I understand why so many people make a big deal reversing 25 cars out of the tolls....
                  Last edited by hyperD; 14 July 2006, 17:31.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

They tracked you down to another country after a year just for 16 Euros????? What's that, ten quid? Isn't it great the way governments waste our money?
                    bloggoth

Comment

They tracked you down to another country after a year just for 16 Euros????? What's that, ten quid? Isn't it great the way governments waste our money?
                      And that doesn't include the £5 the Italian car hire company charged automatically from my credit card for processing the fine from the Procuratore Speciale Autostrade!

Right, I'm going out to get pissed. Hopefully, I won't touch this board until I'm sober again...
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X