• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: it's finally happening - they're trying to seduce me to the dark side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    14 years .net experience, very impressive. Wasn't .net released in 2002?

Red Sauce,

it's .net son but not as you know it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Red Sauce,

it's .net son but not as you know it

Milan.
      So that's the other .Net that none has heard of with no very little work out there, good luck.

Comment

hmm, i think you are deluded if you think a few years programming will transform you into an architect.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            hmm, i think you are deluded if you think a few years programming will transform you into an architect.

well, if being deluded got me to where I am today then it can't be soo bad

good weekend all

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              14 years .net experience, very impressive. Wasn't .net released in 2002?
              haha, I remember the old days when Milan was just trying to learn .net and talking about it in the old format board.
              You are all so grown up Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It's a no brainer. Your missus wants you to take time off, so your contacting strategy is the way to go. In addition you will be able to stick with the technical side, which you clearly love and you will be able to pick the jobs that you like the look of. Of course, the jobs do tend to run on, which means that you may as well be a permie, and if you take a break it may become longer than intended, in fact it may become permenant. TA is a new skill, close to home, paid holidays ? it's a no-brainer, take the permenant job

Wise worms indeed
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

well it's like this folks, 14 years .net contracting

and there's a .net architect role ten minutes down the road coming
                  up, and they are offering very good $$

I am doing my best not to get the role, not quite 'Ted' style but not far off

here's the deal....

I promised the wife, after this contract I would lower the utilisation and have breaks between contracts, that means two things,

from the end of this contract onwards, not looking for the next contract until this one ends, because in the past i'd always secured the next one before the end of the first one and finished on friday and started on monday - back to back, so by not looking for the next contract until after this one ends, I force a break between the contracts

taking shorter contracts, like 3 monthers or 4 monthers or 5 monthers, problem is in .net they normally run and run, so I need to figure that out

anyway there's this permy role, with good pay and conditions and 5 weeks holiday

two problems with it

it's an architect role, means turning my back on technical work

based on the $$$ what I would bank each year would be the same as if I contracted only 6 months of each year

I am leaning towards staying contracting and lowering the utilisation using the techniques described above

so I'll do my best to get this permy role, and see what happens if I am offered it and what to do for the final answer

What does the congregation think,

Milan.
                  Take the permie job for now. See how it goes, you've got nothing to lose and with young kids running about you'll get all the parental leave b*llocks as well. The 10 minutes commute is the icing on the cake.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

That's a lot of tapes Milan!

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What does the congregation think,
                      HR

On the other hand you could negogiate to have more holiday.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X