• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheism is not viable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: he he

I only answer logical questions.
    Chico, if we get into a logical debate with your power's of deductive reasoning and logical arguement then you're in deeper trouble than an archbishop in full dress lost in the backstreets of fallujah ...

Comment

Re: the Kitten, obviously

I can't believe the intended Religious Laws are even being considered.

Ok, lads. Here's the deal. Fairies live at the bottom of the garden alright ? <much nodding>

And we follow their Seelie Court ways ok ? <more nodding>

And only we can see them, right <nods all round>

Now lads, here's the clever bit. We can't prove they exist right ? <universal nodding>, but we can tell people and wind them up as much as we like, ok ? <looks of confusion>

I'll explain lads. You see, we are "protected" by this new law. No one is allowed to criticise our beliefs. Thus we are free to pester people as much as we like, and they can't do diddly squat. <much happy-clapping all round>

Right lads. Last one to the bottom of the garden is a Fairy....

Comment

Re: the Kitten, obviously

think Chico has a noble cause - to enlighten and bring hope to the twisted bitter and cycnical chimps on here. If he can offer a banana or two of comfort then good for him. Chico is offering you all a better life, one with answers, better answers than you have already. He will optimize your life code like no other compiler, and if truth be told, some of you really like a good debugging
        There is NOTHING noble about Choco's cause, unless of course you consider all the innocent lives destroyed throughout history in the name of religion (take your pick) as NOBLE.

Go on Jab...tell us how wonderful the Crusades were, at slaughtering people of a different belief and bringing God's Word to them.

Take a time machine back to the battlefields of the crusades, and tell the families who lost their sons and fathers that "It's ok...we're just doing our God's Will and saving you".

Look the 5 year old little girl in the eyes as she slides off the crusader's sword and say "Don't worry luv, we're doing it for you."

How dare you accuse me of being twisted and bitter, when the acts of Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and other dictators pale in to complete insignifiance compared to the millions of lives lost at the hand of the Blood God and his murderous servants.

Yes, I admit, I am twisted.

Twisted because I do not share your hatred and contempt of those who do not follow the Blood God.

Comment

Oh dear

BGG

Time to have a lie down and a cup of bovril.

Comment

Re: Oh dear

How compassionate Chico !

I talk of the milllions of lives, snuffed out in the name of religion, and all you can advise me is to have a lie down and a cup of Bovril.

You can't even acknowledge it can you ?

So much for compassion eh ?

I don't want your Bovril thanks. Give it to your Blood God, as a fitting tribute for his genocide.

Comment

Sorry geek but yo is talking bollox. Those slaughtered in the name of religion are more than the millions who died due to Stalin, Hitler, Pot? I don't think so.

In any case, to go back so far is to confuse the issue. Religion was not just religion in those days, it was the assumed basis for everything, it was their science, their society and their politics. Sure, many wars were fought then in the name of religion, but the actual motives were conquest, rivalries, power struggles and all the other things makind like to fight over. Take away the religion and the wars would still have been fought.

I think the same often applies today, the IRA is defending the Catholic faith, the Chechens are fighting for Islam? All sorts like to claim some holy cause, the real motive often has nothing to do with religion.

PS Five year olds sliding off crusaders' swords?? Good grief! It must be national treacle day. Anyhow crusaders always used pikes for five years olds, those cross bits stopped them sliding off.

Comment

PPS
                It also has to be set against the general barbarity of the times. They may well have tortured and executed in the name of religion, but they did exactly the same thing for minor criminal offences or sometime just on the whim of the ruling classes.

Comment

Go on Jab...tell us how wonderful the Crusades were
                  Well I think the current crusade in Iraq has been fairly successful, but that comment perhaps, may be a banana too far.

Comment

Did Chico answer my question? The briefness of this life prevents me from summoning up enough will to read through the rest of his drivel in the vain hope of spotting a straight answer.
                    If anyone did get a question answered satisfactorily by Chico could they please start a new thread called "Miracles occasionally do happen" and we'll take it from there.

Thankyou.

Comment

It's mid-summer's day tomorrow. How about a few pagan threads for a change?

Comment

Working...
                      X