• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MegaTsunami

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I watched something like that a few years ago already. Was it a repeat or a rehash of an older program?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      If the megatsunami's don't get us, the super volcanoes will.
      If the super volcanoes don't get us, the extinction event asteroids will
      If the asteroids don't get us, global warming will,
      If global warming doesn't get us, then snowball Earth will,
      If snowball Earth doesn't get us, then a gamma ray burst will,
      If a gamma ray burst doesn't get us, then a nearby supernova will have roughly the same effect.

Did I miss any?

The earth is not a safe place. We need to get off it quick and hang the environmental consequences - the environment is doomed anyway.
      measles ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm sure I watched something like that a few years ago already. Was it a repeat or a rehash of an older program?
        Dunno.

I didn't look at the date stamp at the end.

I have now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...a_MegaTsunami/

Comment

Something like this? As it is written over thousand years ago?

"And there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, and a great earthquake such as there had never been since man was on the earth, so great was that earthquake. [.......] And great hailstones, about one hundred pounds each, fell from heaven on people;"

Sounds like a huge multi-vulvano perhaps after a huge asteroid hitting the earth. Yes, we are doomed!

The law of entropy will not be beat.

Earth will resemble any other planets, desolate, lifeless, hostile, and a brief history of life will be forgotten for ever without a trace.

Or maybe not.
          My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

All the above pales into insignificance compared with the projected 0.0000000000000000000000001 deg c rise in global temperature over the next 100 million years.

PJ Clarke, over to you.....

Comment

Oh yes - I missed a disease with the contagious ability of measles and the mortality rate of rabies.
              Speaking of which one of the labs was saying that they had lost a tube of Ebola's more virulent cousin the other month...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                All the above pales into insignificance compared with the projected 0.0000000000000000000000001 deg c rise in global temperature over the next 100 million years.

PJ Clarke, over to you.....
                Right. Ya, and they even get Nobel prices over such BS. I wish I could get that over my theory. Actually it is not mine.

Due to the increase of population on Earth, we need more food. As the caw population grows to provide more beef, caw fart is of a concern to scientists. It is already more damaging to the atmosphere than CO emissions. Carbon monoxide oxidizes to CO2, which is than converted to oxygen by plants. Methane gas however is not. Experts say cows are responsible for the biggest portion of the world’s global warming.

I have to admit, even I contribute to the global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
                  Sounds like a huge multi-vulvano perhaps
                  You mean an enormous bunch of *****?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
                    Starfleet is there to protect us
                    You won't get me copper

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      You mean an enormous bunch of *****?
                      not that, I promise, I was thinking of volcano

Comment

Working...
                      X