• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You must have NHS experience.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar situation (at least money wise) with most public sector jobs I think. Recently got a call about a qualified .NET position (market rate around £280/day here) for the local council, paying £15-20/hour.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
      Similar situation (at least money wise) with most public sector jobs I think. Recently got a call about a qualified .NET position (market rate around £280/day here) for the local council, paying £15-20/hour.
      Dutch tax office are asking for testers; demanding you work the first two weeks for free and then accept 40 euros per hour. I tactfully explained to the agent that I already have a contract and they might be looking at a different segment of the market anyway.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Yes, I am being highly experiencing and certified in updation of all systems relating to Nagpur Health Service as recent as today morning. Much quickness, plenty cheapness. Yes.

Yours most thoroughly faithfully and sincerely,

Bob S Hawadi-Wadi II PhD, MSc, MBA
        Wanna buy some fresh kidneys? One owner, hardly used. Can supply other (body) parts on request. PM for details.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          Is it not possibly one of these cases where the client tries to hire at this low rate, finds nobody, then uses this as justification for shipping someone in from overseas?
          No they are not that clever. It's just a passing fad. Not very long ago I had an approach from an agent offering 750 for a lead architect role...

Comment

You must have NHS experience.....

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            No they are not that clever. It's just a passing fad. Not very long ago I had an approach from an agent offering 750 for a lead architect role...
            There's TA roles 80k perm at CfH in Leeds!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Someone saw the fact that contracts need to be less than £220 a day and used that to set the rate. It won't last long.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dutch tax office are asking for testers; demanding you work the first two weeks for free and then accept 40 euros per hour. I tactfully explained to the agent that I already have a contract and they might be looking at a different segment of the market anyway.
                Volkswagen Bank in Wolfsburg tried something like that with me. First 2 weeks were to be a freebie and then every 1 week in 4 would be as well. I said yes but only at a rate which was double they were offering plus expenses. That shut the greedy ****ers up
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  To get £200/day.

WTF is wrong with these NHS guys trying to bring talent into the organisation and insisting on them having NHS experience whilst paying a ludicrously low rate.

It is tantamount to telling somebody: You are asked to apply for this shoe shining job but in order to qualify for it you must have experience of wiping my a$$
                  Surely any visit, say a week or 2, in a hospital is NHS experience, I would suggest telling them that you were in hospital having your tonsils out and does that count?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Someone saw the fact that contracts need to be less than £220 a day and used that to set the rate. It won't last long.
                    This ^

I think there are many departments that are running scared from the treasury guidelines. More worrying is the few perms that seriously resent our wages (who wouldn't?) and would like to drag us down to their level.

Ether way it will sort itself out after a few major screw ups or the big boys will move in and teach them what unprotected anal sex with an elephant feels like...
                    Either way society will be the losers again...

Comment

Yes, National Hyderabad Service experience, yes indeed.
                      I spent 2 weeks in Hyderabad a few years back. It was tulipe!

Comment

Working...
                      X