• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tales from a grumpy imigrant part 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Are those prices in Lira!!!!!
    Nope, they're sensible prices for good cars. Big German cars in Germany tend to spend most of their time on the autobahn with minimal wear and tear and they get very good servicing, so you're unlikely to have problems with them. The best are probably those in northwestern Germany, where there aren't many hills and the roads are good. Cars in Belgium don't last as long because the roads are tulipe.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

1997 318i, E36, Petrol.

That car has a value of approximately zero.

Scrap it.

Why don't you buy a motorbike and use that over there? It is Spring/Summer after all?

Comment

Anyway on a lighter note, other than everything being terrible, how is living in Germany? Are you returning home at weekends or are you there for the duration to save every penny?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          You might have a faulty fan relay. That happened to me recently. Everyone was saying head gasket, same symptoms as you too. In the end cost a tenner to fix it.
          This has also happened to me however; I got away with it by putting the cab heater on full blast and driving to somewhere safe to fix it
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I take it you do have European breakdown cover ?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Anyway on a lighter note, other than everything being terrible, how is living in Germany? Are you returning home at weekends or are you there for the duration to save every penny?

Living in Germany is excellent. The people are really friendly and helpful. The food is still interesting and my contract is going great!
              I come home on the weekends.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I take it you do have European breakdown cover ?
                Dude, think about this, who are you asking here
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Living in Germany is excellent. The people are really friendly and helpful. The food is still interesting and my contract is going great!
                  So move the family over to Germany and enjoy the best standard of living and the best quality of life in Europe, and give your kids the best education in Europe. You know it makes sense.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    So move the family over to Germany and enjoy the best standard of living and the best quality of life in Europe, and give your kids the best education in Europe. You know it makes sense.
                    Good plan. Increases the average IQ of Britain too!

Comment

Does your contract cover flights? Glad to hear it's not all doom and gloom!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X