• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bomb explosion in Boston ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Nor me - why would anyone?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Waiting for the NRA to state that “This would not have happened if all people carried guns…”
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Me too. If you've got any orthopaedic surgeons on your books, that guy's got a 3 monther for them.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          Waiting for the NRA to state that “This would not have happened if all people carried guns…”
          Ain't that the truth

Comment

Hadn't seen that. Looks like the usual home grown nutters. Got to love them yanks.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              Makes me wonder why American nutters are bothering with bombs. Surely that requires effort and planning, and is a lot more hit and miss in terms of casualties. Far easier to just grab one of your guns and go on a killing spree. No fuss. No waiting.

BBC were going on about how this affects the London marathon and should the London marathon even be cancelled. A bit of a leap from one bombing in the US to international campaign of attack on marathons.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

MO looks more like right-wing nut job than Muslims: that it happened in Boston, traditionally seen as liberal, is one indicator, and the home made bomb reminds me of our own nutter back in 1999.
                If it was the members of the "peace-loving religion", I think they would have targeted a bigger event to make a bigger spectacle.
                Last edited by sasguru; 16 April 2013, 08:01.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The fact a news outlet feels the public has the appetite for such pictures, or the pictures themselves. I don't know which is the greater travesty....
                  Sadly I agree.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Makes me wonder why American nutters are bothering with bombs. Surely that requires effort and planning, and is a lot more hit and miss in terms of casualties. Far easier to just grab one of your guns and go on a killing spree. No fuss. No waiting.

BBC were going on about how this affects the London marathon and should the London marathon even be cancelled. A bit of a leap from one bombing in the US to international campaign of attack on marathons.
                    probably because those who go on a kiling spree tend to die in a shower of bullets. leaving a couple of bombs in bins means you can get well away and do it again if you want
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      But if you are close enough to shoot me then I am close enough to shoot back. I would guess that leaving a bomb is mentally easier as it is less personal but I have nothing to back that guess up with.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X