• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm land Haven

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    oh my... all these stupid comments because I told someone I am not a code monkey... it wasn't supposed to be an insult, its just a name to a coders
    Nonetheless, it's a problem. Not for anybody else, but for you.

If you had chosen a path in life that involved creativity, you wouldn't have any downtime: when your permie overlords had no use for you, you would have things you could do, and those things might even lead to you having no further dependence on said overlords.

But if all you can do is "manage" then you're stuffed

Have you considered origami?

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      I worked in a large investment bank outside of London (well, in Windsor) - 40 hours a week including lunch. Lots of pressure with a manager who had a good overall view but struggled with the basics and was very aggressive about things. Job was fine but the manager made it hell after a while.

I then worked in a large investment bank in London. It was little different to working anywhere else, 40 hours a week not including lunch. Manager was a nice guy who knew what he was talking about, so was his manager. Colleagues were good.

I now work in a company that supplies the trade capture system to a large bank, I am not in London anymore. 7.5 hours a day not including lunch. Hours are flexible, manager knows what he is talking about and does not mind what happens as long as the work is done to a good standard. Not a very friendly place but the perms are leaving in droves so I think the morale is just not very high here.
      F@&k me, this is the most boring post i've ever read. No offense but your clearly a bright chap, can't you up your game a bit?

To the OP: You are showing no initiative. Make yourself useful. Do you need to be told exactly what to do? I bet you get billed out at top dollar too- pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        F@&k me, this is the most boring post i've ever read. No offense but your clearly a bright chap, can't you up your game a bit?
        I was talking about working in investment banks ... how exciting do you expect it to be!?
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          WGAS. "Communication skills" is a phrase invented by thickos to justify their crap.
          That and other BS "skills" are why the British economy is fooked: it's based on hot air.
          This is true. In most companies there is a desperate lack of people who can actually do anything useful, and the few who can are held back by those whose "job" appears to consist of making other people's lives far more difficult than is really necessary. The bigger the company, the bigger the pile of *****.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Maybe they do not but the effect of the Euro has been to keep their exchange rates low and make their southern European competitors uncompetitive.
            Er, don't they have exactly the same exchange rate as their southern European competitors or is the southern Euro different to the northern Euro?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X