• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alles ganz klar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    And however fast you're going, someone will zoom up behind you going 20mph faster.
    That'll be me then as I drive around that area
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Ok so I've managed to rent an apartment in Bielefeld. 19 km commute. So I'd probably be better of driving there, leaving the car over there for the duration and finally driving back.

Anyone got any experience of driving to Germany from blighty? Is it fun?
      You do know that Bielefeld doesn't exist? Bielefeldverschwörung
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Ok so I've managed to rent an apartment in Bielefeld.
        At least you'll be able to buy some "Werthers Originals". Make sure you ask for them pronouncing them as Werthers rather than Verters, though - the locals love that.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Dead easy apart from the road names, all our names for German towns don't match what they call them. Munich is Munchen etc.
          Correct. Bielefeld is the British name for Rimsting so make sure you're going to the right place

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Correct. Bielefeld is the British name for Rimsting so make sure you're going to the right place
            Is that the Brighton of Germany?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Rimsting? Isn't that what you get the morning after a vindaloo?

Comment

I suspect this is going to be the start of one of the most enjoyable periods in CUK history.

I'm already suggesting this could be up there with the spaghetti monster outing.

Comment

It's been a while since we've have a really good episode. The trailer for this one is looking good so far

Comment

Working...
                  X