• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alles ganz klar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ok so I've managed to rent an apartment in Bielefeld. 19 km commute. So I'd probably be better of driving there, leaving the car over there for the duration and finally driving back.

Anyone got any experience of driving to Germany from blighty? Is it fun?
    Every year I drive to Leipzig & the main things to remember are:

1. Be nice: pull out, over take, pull in: do not hog the middle / outer lane
    2. Carry spare bulb / warning triangle, Hi Vi vest in boot
    3. Stay on the correct side of the raod
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      München

Not all the Autobahn is unrestricted, so you can still get a ticket if you're not careful.
      And however fast you're going, someone will zoom up behind you going 20mph faster.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        And however fast you're going, someone will zoom up behind you going 20mph 50mph faster.
        FTFY
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

I guess this thread is a taster for those of us with young children for how it will feel when they leave home for the first time. Except we hope our kids will grow up to be less numpty-ish.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I guess this thread is a taster for those of us with young children for how it will feel when they leave home for the first time. Except we hope our kids will grow up to be less numpty-ish.
            No, that's the "Adventures of Suity in Krautland" thread which I shall start next Monday
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

What a mountain out of a molehill. You should of flown over and gone in a B+B for a few days while finding shared accommodation - cheap and sociable. Then you could of asked the others at work where are good places to crash.

Alternatively, you could of room shared with a couple of squaddies - i'm sure you would of enjoyed that.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                What a mountain out of a molehill. You should of flown over and gone in a B+B for a few days while finding shared accommodation - cheap and sociable. Then you could of asked the others at work where are good places to crash.

Alternatively, you could of room shared with a couple of squaddies - i'm sure you would of enjoyed that.
                have

You can patronise me once you master the English language.

HTH
                Last edited by suityou01; 4 April 2013, 08:30.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  have

You can patronise me once you master the English language.

HTH
                  Huh? "A couple have squaddies" ... is that what you typed into google?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    Huh? ?
                    Fooking thick as a plank Ozzie. What a surprise, not.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Fooking thick as a plank Ozzie. What a surprise, not.
                      The irony!

Comment

Working...
                      X