• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Flu!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sending them to play in the dirt outside is also good for them (no joke).
    And you have how many kids?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      BTW, make sure the Mrs see's this so she knows what to do

I think you just did.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        We're all God's children.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          We don't get ill in my family. 5k runs, squash twice a week, no caffeine, no alcohol, low salt. French naturist holidays for the whole family, It's all about looking after yourself.
          FTFY
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            It's pretty well known. Those who play outside as kids have robust immune systems, those who live cossetted indoor lives end up with allergies and a constant cold.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nope. It is never God's will for anyone to be ill.
              I'm not so sure, I think he does it to Suity sometimes, just for a laugh

Comment

It's pretty well known. Those who play outside as kids have robust immune systems, those who live cossetted indoor lives end up with allergies and a constant cold.
                It makes me feel dirty to type, but WHS.

It's believed that the increase in asthma over the years is down to the use of bleach and cleaning products in the home. All of this constant killing of the bacteria, cleaning the loos, hands etc is laying our kids open to infections. A little dirt is good for you.

Anyway, that's the excuse I use to the wife for not putting cups in the dishwater or flushing the loo.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's believed that the increase in asthma over the years is down to the use of bleach and cleaning products in the home. All of this constant killing of the bacteria, cleaning the loos, hands etc is laying our kids open to infections. A little dirt is good for you.

Anyway, that's the excuse I use to the wife for not putting cups in the dishwater or flushing the loo.

Pets are also supposed to be good for kids' immune systems. Although child making sandcastles in the cat litter tray was pushing it even by my (very slovenly) standards.

Comment

It makes me feel dirty to type, but ... A little dirt is good for you.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Asthma can either be an over-reaction to foreign bodies or a natural reaction to bacteria and virus.

Once asthmatic suffers get out in the country, the symptoms usually disappear.

Having a mild dose of bacteria will not prevent anyone from getting a dose of the same and falling ill later in life. An African friend of mine quite rightly pointed out that hygiene in the UK is appalling and if we had the same climate as Central Africa; the lack of hygiene would result in epidemics.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X