• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Cyprus cause the collapse of the Eurozone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not for sasguru's giant brain it isn't!
    It's not that I think I'm super intelligent. It's just that I think you're particularly thick.
    It's all relative you see.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
      It has Gas offshore
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Or it's about natural resources.

Iraq Invasion1 - Oil
        Iraq Invasion2 - Oil
        Libya - Oil
        Syria - Oil
        Iran (pending invasion) - Oil

Does Cyprus have any access to natural resources? :itcheschinsmiley:
        Cyprus has UK bases which are there illegally. Reason: There was an agreement that the British would defend the island during an invasion. They did not, the squadies hid under their beds when the Turks came in and the RAF flew out so not to damage their aircraft.

There is a listening post at the top of the Trudos that picks up communications with the middle east. The information is passed to the US
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          Bad trade that. You want to be long the dollar for the next few days.
          We'll see.

Comment

We'll see.
            So now you're a financial guru?
            When are you going to Germany BTW.
            You should get on well with those warm, emotional Germans.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Iraq Invasion1 - Oil
              Iraq Invasion2 - Oil
              Libya - Oil
              Syria - Oil

Sasguru asked if the collapse of Cyprus's economy/banking system would trigger the collapse of the Euro. You then leaped towards talking about Oil, not sure I follow the logic? Maybe you are answering another question?

Comment

Christ, is this tulip site still going? Same turds posting as a year ago.

Just clicked on the bookmark by accident. I'll delete it now.

Comment

My thoughts are that Cyprus will be allowed to go bankrupt by Europe as the result of a political based decision. This will cause an electronic run on banks perceived to be at risk to a similar event. (Spanish/Italian/Greek)., this could cause contagion to the rest of Europe and further.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
                    Sasguru asked if the collapse of Cyprus's economy/banking system would trigger the collapse of the Euro. You then leaped towards talking about Oil, not sure I follow the logic? Maybe you are answering another question?
                    Actually you asked this question

The financial and economic system of a continent like Europe is so complex, with today's technology it is impossible to predict a cause event chain. Even after the event it can take decades to unravel the causes and precursors that led to the event.
                    To which suity answered

Iraq Invasion1 - Oil
                    Iraq Invasion2 - Oil
                    Libya - Oil
                    Syria - Oil

which is a perfectly valid answer to the question based on the 2 Gulf Wars and Libya.

So I think we can identify the cretin here (hint its the one who failedto read a response to his own question).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I thought I'd end up explaining this to you Janet and John style.

You said
                      The eurozone is complicated, any cause and effect can take decades to figure out
                      or some such

I said

Cobblers, it's really easy to work out cause and effect as it's all about oil (or gas)
                      Any clearer? I could send SY02 out for an A3 bumper sketch pad and some crayons.

Comment

Working...
                      X