• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal parking /abandoned (?) car in my private/marked parking bay - How do deal ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    How was the bay marked as yours? Is it obvious?
    Have you asked your neighbours?
    bay is marked, but it’s started fading due to recent rain etc..

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Ok, clarification time:

Its not illegally parked as its on private property its a civil matter not a criminal one. As the police said its not yet abandoned if its taxed, tested and insured.

Forget all the other advise given and this is what is going to happen, you are going to sit and quietly stew getting madder and madder until you see the person eventually move their car, at which time you will sheepishly approach them and point out their mistake. At which time they will pretend to say sorry and you will pretend to say it didn't matter as you managed to park else where.
      I just hope some thieves’ nicks it by the time I reach home, though it’s not worth much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        This is my thinking.

If it was on your driveway it would be serious, a private bay... tough I suppose. Does where you live have any company how manages things and are responsible for the parking?
        Its a private parking bay. no management agencies around this block.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
          I just hope some thieves’ nicks it by the time I reach home, though it’s not worth much.
          This happened to me, but I was in rented, told the landlord that if it wasn't sorted in a month I would be giving notice as I was paying for a parking space that was unavailable. It was sorted, but it did take 5 weeks.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Who can deal with this? Hmm, that's a tricky one. It's a shame the police didn't include any indication of how to proceed; that would've been helpful.

Oh, hang on a minute: reading between the lines I think there may be a subtle hint:
            "...the owner of the land will need to contact the DVLA and apply for registered owners details, and then they will need to write to the owner of the vehicle and ask them to collect the vehicle before they can remove it from their land."

Damn their riddles, why can't they just say things clearly?

Thanks NickFitz, I am after a quicker option than what Police said else I might end up paying my car parking from today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              What SM said.

Whoever parked there may not have known that parking space 127 actually belonged to flat 4B.

Assuming this is a block of flats either ask around or put a note up. Any sort of vigilante activity is asking for trouble, bearing in mind that you don't know who they are but they will see which car is parked there every night from now on. Unless you want your motor keyed every night if it is some chav there at the mo.
              Any sort of vigilante activity is asking for trouble..Yes, also mine is 11 reg so more to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                How did they get through your eight foot high electrically operated gates and all the way down your 1/4 mile long private drive way to your parking area without being picked up by CCTV?

Oh I see, you are poor. Tough then.

no..I am not yet in prison.

Comment

Can I suggest you buy/borrow a pair of wheel dollies and move the vehicle somewhere else.

Car Wheel Dollies

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    According to google the wilderness crew are some white boy rappers from canada, so you're unlikely to get beaten up even if you dismantle it with an angle grinder.

Have you spoken to your landlord? Have you checked if it's been reported stolen?
                    fortunately (un) I am the 'lord'.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                      Police 'not interested' - so legally all fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X