• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Illegal parking /abandoned (?) car in my private/marked parking bay - How do deal ?"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Have you though that it might not be a *bastard* who did it but someone who was taken ill and had to park in a hurry. Or something else.

Life is too short. Breath deeply and forget about it for a day or two. Live and let live

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    fortunately (un) I am the 'lord'.
    Ah right - so why is it you never answer people's prayers?

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Thanks to all - Good news is 'abandoned' car is disappeared!!. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Anonymous tip off to local radio station?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Is there anything to indicate that the driver could be a muslim?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    What about that suspicious package on the back seat?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    An alternative is to get a can of expansion foam from Screwfix and use a long tube to block the exhaust. The result; car won’t turn over.

The garage will change the battery and starter motor. They will then think that either the valves are stuck or the cam belt has slipped and strip it down.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Couple of mates, bounce the car out of the spot and onto the double yellow lines. Then phone the council, who will tow it.

Simples.
    WHS. 4 blokes is better if you want to move it forwards or backwards.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Couple of mates, bounce the car out of the spot and onto the double yellow lines. Then phone the council, who will tow it.

Simples.
    While parked in the street I was blocked in by an inconsiderate c^^£ who also carelessly left his car on full lock. I shunted it in to the middle of the road and left.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Marked using what ? Chalk ?
    not Chalk
    Bay marking was done couple of years back, planned to do it in the summer again.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    I had a visitors slot to use most of the time.
    fnar fnar

Personally I would get one of those lockable bollards and trap the car in. Then use it to make sure my space could not be used in the future.

If the chap comes along then shoot him in the 4rse. It will take about 5 minutes for him to die in absolute agony.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    5 weeks ? with help of DVLA ?
    I don't know nor care how it was done, although I had a visitors slot to use most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    bay is marked, but it’s started fading due to recent rain etc..
    Marked using what ? Chalk ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X