• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, I hate cheese. What's your food hate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit to having a liking for these:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I guess you don't like beef paste either?
      We called that potted dog.

So-called "salmon paste" was awful too.

It put me off salmon until I tasted the real stuff.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I can't eat:

Broad beans [just grim]
        Turnip [ick]
        Parsnip [see above]
        Swede [see above the above]
        Trifle [soggy and grim]
        Aubergine [ick]
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
          There are quite a few things that I don't consume by themselves, but will happily cook with.

So, I don't drink milk and I don't eat butter on bread. But I'm ok with (decent quality) garlic butter. And I use milk to wet my cereal, but then I drain every spoon I eat and leave most of the milk in the bowl.
          Also, I have no issue with potatoes, but would never eat them mashed. Something about the consistency of mashed potatoes that's just wrong. Or maybe it's the added milk.

Rice pudding is another thing I could never bring myself to eat.

I do love mushrooms though. But Shiitake are vile.

Have you had any odd pregnancy cravings?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Have you had any odd pregnancy cravings?
            Actually, no. But prior to my pregnancy I pretty much had no sweet tooth, never felt like chocolate or cake or anything in that category.
            Now I do.
            All the time.
            Wouldn't mind if that goes away again. I'm enough of a fattie as it is, I really don't need a chocolate problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              I can't eat:

Broad beans [just grim]
              Turnip [ick]
              Parsnip [see above]
              Swede [see above the above]
              Trifle [soggy and grim]
              Aubergine [ick]
              Butter beans - always dry in the middle. They were useful in dried form for keeping grease proof paper in place for some dish my mother used to do, however.

Turnip, swede, broad beans - I was put off these by school dinners. Turnip and swede are OK in small quantities nowadays, but please not mashed in with spuds.

Trifle - only if enough sherry and brandy is involved.

Aubergine - fine for me.

I love parsnips, but they are pretty hard to find where I live. I managed to find some yesterday but they were shockingly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Butter beans - always dry in the middle. They were useful in dried form for keeping grease proof paper in place for some dish my mother used to do, however.

Turnip, swede, broad beans - I was put off these by school dinners. Turnip and swede are OK in small quantities nowadays, but please not mashed in with spuds.

Trifle - only if enough sherry and brandy is involved.

I love parsnips, but they are pretty hard to find where I live. I managed to find some yesterday but they were shockingly expensive.
                +1
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  +1
                  CHF 7.50 a kilo!

P.S. Still got some, but I really don't see why they are so expensive.

Unless that's a price tailored for expats, of course.

Comment

Boiled eggs - who invented a food that stinks to high heaven of sulphur?
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      CHF 7.50 a kilo!

P.S. Still got some, but I really don't see why they are so expensive.

Unless that's a price tailored for expats, of course.
                      I could only find organic/Bio version, Swiss for double the price.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X