• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, I hate cheese. What's your food hate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can hardly think of a single "reasonable" food I don't like (I mean not including fried cockroaches or maggoty cheese and suchlike).

The only exceptions are tripe (pig's stomach), which literally tastes of puke and is chewy and rubbery too.

Oh and pomegranates (although the juice is OK).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Cabbage, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'll eat most anything, but I have to say shellfish isn't my favourite, and pomegranite give me a headache, although the juice is ok.
        As a kid I had a problem with Spag Bol, as the parmesan reminded me of sick,
        quite like it now, made properly.

Comment

I recently had very dodgy steak au poivre (or should I say doggy?). It is going to be a long time before I can stomach this dish
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Feeding bacon to a vegetarian

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Having a partner who is veggie and two picky kids means cooking 3 different bloody meals a night if I want some good meat.
            Found on the internets:

Feeding bacon to a vegetarian

I put lots of bacon in my vegetarian wife's food. All the fecking time.

My wife is a vegetarian, I am not. I do the majority of the cooking in the household and she rarely even opens the refrigerator. I'm stuck on a mostly pescatarian diet because she hates the smell of cooking meat It's even a battle to get her to let me grill sometimes. She is okay with me cooking meat when she is outside the house, so long as I try to keep the smell down (open windows, etc).

Every few months, I tell her I'm having a "meat day," so she can get out of the house and not be disgusted by "the smell of something that's dead." She thinks that I'm going to cook and eat a steak, and cook and save some other meats. In reality, 1 have a much more nefarious purpose. I cook 8-10 Ibs of bacon. I eat some, I openly save some in freezer bags for breakfast over the next few months, The rest, I cook heavily, drain it, and crush the hell out of it to make it into something like extra fine bacon bits. I freeze these. I strain the drippings through a coffee filter and save it She doesnl know I do this because I keep everything in my keggerator in the garage (she does not drink beer).

So what do I do with my haul? I put bacon/bacon grease in fecking everything. She loves my biscuits. She thinks they are made with Crisco. Nope, bacon grease, I make mac and cheese with bacon grease, Mashed potatoes? Yup, bacon grease.

I try to sneak the pulverized bacon bits into as much as I can, but it's a little more difficult That stuff tends to go into tomato sauces, spinach quiches, "vegetarian" shepherds pie, things with lots of ingredients that hide it well. When she comments on how I'm able to get such a meaty flavor and mouthfeel in meatless dishes, I just teil her that I use Old Bay or truffle oil.

My favorite instance was when she hosted a vegan dinner party for her snobby vegan friends. Bacon quinoa burgers, bacon grease mashed potatoes, bacon grease in the salad dressing, fecking everything. They ate that tulip right the feck up and loved it I could barely keep myself contained. The guests all wanted to know my recipes, which I gave to them (replacing bacon grease with truffle oil, and the bacon bits with old bay). Surprisingly, nobody has been able to replicate the flavors correctly. 1 usually give some bulltulip reason, "what brand of truffle oil did you use?" or "I used homemade bread crumbs." This has lead to them demanding that my wife host more vegan nights with me as the cook. I always happily oblige.

I'm a horrible person, and I have no regrets.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I can hardly think of a single "reasonable" food I don't like (I mean not including fried cockroaches or maggoty cheese and suchlike).

The only exceptions are tripe (pig's stomach), which literally tastes of puke and is chewy and rubbery too.
              I will eat most things but cannot stand anything which is sickly sweet. I always give the icing on Christmas cake away.

Egg custard is fine, but Birds custard makes me retch. Hate bananas too.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Oh and pomegranates (although the juice is OK).
              Don't mind them but would never think of buying them, which brings up another class of food which I call "Why bother?".

Waffles with maple syrup, hash browns and marzipan come firmly into that category for me. I will eat those if starving but would not pay for them, nor make them myself.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

So, I hate cheese. What's your food hate?

God, I could live off cheese...

I don't do fish or seafood. At all. Tried it a few times, but just can't. Didn't even eat fish fingers as a kid.

I also don't do veg with the exception of carrots. But those only uncooked. I do onion, but only if puréed beyond recognition. I don't do salad either, except for cucumber.

Mayo is vile. Mustard, too. So I basically don't eat store bought sandwiches.

Oh and cinnamon. Just can't. Even just the smell makes me puke.

I've always been stupidly picky.
                Last edited by formant; 18 March 2013, 02:11.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                  God, I could live off cheese....
                  +1

I’ll give most foods a go, but really can’t stand the taste of mustard (or any of its variations) it just makes me retch, and I have an illogical mental block about organs (liver etc)
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Bananas.
                    They are just pure, curved evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Mushrooms. They come straight from hell.
                      Seconded....they aren't animal, vegetable or mineral so shouldn't be eaten

Comment

Working...
                      X