• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forbidden websites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I am also running a Cthulhu game and keep getting blocked from viewing web pages to do with it as they are 'occult'.
    Tentacles! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2csnVNai-o

At my current client they have two levels of restriction. The first you just have to confirm that it is for business use. The second you have to get permission for. I rarely encounter the latter. Most sites are open, and they seem to monitor the first level of restriction as after a few months it becomes open.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Most of my blocked sites were for work, but not all. I do have a human life as well as the work drone function, and I don't think a bit of "Real Estate" is out out order when you are actually looking for a house. Let me do Rightmove at work twice a day and I will spend more time working, rather than laboriously browsing the smartphone app or just going home early, disgruntled.

Some of the other blocked sites are funnier than mine. I especially liked LOLITA. Now that's this page blocked
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
      X