• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it just me or is Itstics popping up for everyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
    Glad it's not just me

I did a full malware scan the other day and nothing was picked up then so methinks something is afoot either with my ISP (Virgin Media have had DNS & routing issues recently I've read) or at CUK towers as it's only happening with CUK ... I haven't tried it browsing the site on chrome yet.
    Im vm too.
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
      Im vm too.
      I'm VirginMedia - have disabled adblock, still not seeing the problem.

Comment

All OK for me. VM customer, Chrome browser. I'm using Adblock Plus though so ads don't appear.

Edit: As per muddy above, I disabled Adblock and still no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          When you say "Every time I try to get into the forums" do you mean when you visit the site, or when you log in?
          I'm logged in all the time - just seen my new malware blocker stopped the divert.

IP-BLOCK 208.91.197.101 (Type: outgoing, Port: 49182, Process: chrome.exe)
          The scan didn't return any results and the issue does not affect any other sites.

Comment

Cheers all. Still scratching my head on this one.

Code:
            root@tyrant:/var/www/vhosts/forums.contractoruk.com/webroot# find . -mtime -30
            ./hmrc-ebt-enquiries
            ./.htaccess
            ./newsinclude
            ./newsinclude/news.xml
            No files been tampered with on the site, just a couple of changes I made to the ebt thread to put a redirect in and the news include that is pulled from the main site.

Had another scan through the ad server, same there in terms of no files edited for the last 30 days that arouse suspicion and also nothing in the DB that has been the route for usual hacks with that system.

For those of you getting the redirect, could you do something like install liveheaders on Firefox, or install NF's favourite toy, Charles, and see where the redirect is happening. Is it happening before the headers for the forum are called or is the redirect coming when you have made the connection to the server?
            https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-http-headers/
            Charles Web Debugging Proxy • HTTP Monitor / HTTP Proxy / HTTPS & SSL Proxy / Reverse Proxy

If you can post any output from these progs when you get a redirect it will really help us to track this problem down.

Congrats on the 1,000th post bless 'em all - sorry your post was for this, will knock a couple off for you if you like

Comment

Fired up one of my sacrificial XP VMs, with an HTTP proxy running on the Mac side to intercept everything going in and out, but couldn't get it to happen with IE8, Firefox latest or Chrome latest. I even installed the Java plugin and enabled it everywhere, as that's the dodgiest thing at the moment, but couldn't get any action. Couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in the HTTP logs either

On the bright side, it turns out there were unused icons on my desktop, so I was able to get that sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Fired up one of my sacrificial XP VMs, with an HTTP proxy running on the Mac side to intercept everything going in and out, but couldn't get it to happen with IE8, Firefox latest or Chrome latest. I even installed the Java plugin and enabled it everywhere, as that's the dodgiest thing at the moment, but couldn't get any action. Couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in the HTTP logs either

On the bright side, it turns out there were unused icons on my desktop, so I was able to get that sorted out
                Cheers for checking Nick, much appreciated. I have done the same with IE6-9 all on Win, tried on Linux VMs too but can't find anything suspicious. But seems to be too many people for there not to be something somewhere causing it. Anyone here NOT on Virgin Media getting it?

Comment

Also VirginMedia here - have disabled adblock, no problems.

Also tried IE with the popup blocker switched off, no problems.

W7 with FF 19 (FFS!) and IE9

Comment

Should have mentioned, I'm on Virgin Media: to be precise, cable broadband (as opposed to their ADSL service) in the part of their network that used to be NTL.

Just tried turning off wifi on the iPad and browsing the site via O2 - nothing interesting happened

Comment

Not happening for me. Firefox here with no adblock but have flashblock installed.

I am guessing this is a PC being infected issue.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X