• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Given up alcohol this year ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not drinking is just part of an overall fitness drive.
    TBH I was well impressed with Brillo's ironman exploits and would like to try somefink like that in a year or so.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      Quite a few people I know drink EVERY night
      I've never done that, and do find that a bit odd.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        You couldn't even abstain from CUK and had to beg for a ban.
        Says the man that has 4 CUK logins.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
          Being someone who used to go out drinking every weekend for around 25 yrs I recently cut right down, to about once a fortnight sometimes not even that. I dropped about a stone within a couple of months and my energy levels rose. I feel about 10 yrs younger and rarely have any moments of feeling fed up like I did when drinking. You come to realise how many people you know are borderline alcoholics. Quite a few people I know drink EVERY night and some obviously have a problem.
          I recognise that. Most of the people I know in my local are borderline alcoholics. I've recently given up drinking 2 nights a week. But I used to be in the pub every night for a few and that's where a lot of my social life is still.

Anyway, can't dawdle. Friday night and time for early doors pip pip

Comment

Working...
          X