• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The penny has dropped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lb

So SP, if one was to compare Christianity with the other *religions*, which one is correct?

Is Christianity or Islam the true faith?

Are we locked in a survival of the fittest scenario here?

Might is right? Is that the way?

Comment

If you want a theological discussion - subject to time pressures- I am more than happy to oblige
      Is that some sort of joke, Chico? I tried to indulge in a theological discussion with you yesterday to try and illustrate that faith requires hard choices to be made and is not all la-la-lovey-dovey. You were totally dismissive. I actually got up off my backside, got my Bible off the shelf, read some appropriate sections several times to make sure I understood, formed an opinion, and shared it. You will note I did not use the internet for any of this, and certainly did not visit www.cut-n-paste-arguments.com

Your response:

1. You don't understand what you're reading and are quoting out of context.
      2. The devil used the Bible to tempt Christ.

Excellent theological discussion that was.

Comment

Re: Lets be clear

Hey chicco, thanks for that. Do you ever worry that the Bible is not being maintained. It is 2000 years old now and times are changing.

Comment

Oi Chico...

more of a theologian than you will ever be.
          Oooooer, which deadly sin was that I heard break with a resounding snap then, eh?

BTW, is it possible to be a Theologian without being religious?

Comment

Re: Lets be clear

A rewrite by George Lucas would be appropriate along the lines of star wars one.

Comment

Re: Oi Chico...

Theology is literally rational discourse concerning God (Greek èåïò, theos, "God", + ëïãïò, logos, "rational discourse"). By extension, it also refers to the study of other religious topics.

Chico - please read and inwardly digest - everyone else please ignore

Comment

Oi John

the·ol·o·gy (th-l-j)
                n. pl. the·ol·o·gies
                1. The study of the nature of God and religious truth; rational inquiry into religious questions.
                2. A system or school of opinions concerning God and religious questions: Protestant theology; Jewish theology.
                3. A course of specialized religious study usually at a college or seminary.

Comment

but do you not feel most motivated

when you feel valued and when you are making a valid contribution? surely the best of human activity is achieved in supportive, cooperative circumstances? activity which arises from confrontational stimuli is [nearly?] always reactionary and therefore probably not fully considered as a consequence.

Comment

SP the assumption you keep making is that Chico by dint of being a Christian is selfless and those of us who are not Christian are by default selfish.

I'd disagree completely. Being Christian imbues nothing more than a knowldge of your own superiority over the rest of us sinners in my experience of them.

Not being Christian, personally doesn't make me any less caring, considerate and moral than if I found Jesus tomorrow would change those attributes.

Comment

wow, this thread is moving too fast

for me. need to start tagging the posts & replies.

Comment

Working...
                      X