• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The penny has dropped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets be clear

What really gets on my goat is...
    Xoggoth

and I claim my prize!

come on here trying to intimate that anyone who believes in God is stupid.
    Nah mate, your failure to objectively answer any of the questions put to you regarding your self-professed beliefs has made you appear stupid!

Comment

I agree

Chico, You're breaking one of the 10 commandments by stealing company time:

"THOU SHALT NOT STEAL"

Comment

but the nt says

that we will **never** achieve the world we are talking about precisely because we **will never** rid ourselves of our selfishness. it also claims to provide a real mechanism, provided for our sake, to get around this apparent impasse. however, as usual, it might be wrong.

Comment

I know what I believe why believe it and certainly ashamed to profess my faith in Jesus Christ.
          :rollin

Comment

Chico, can you not see that coming in here foaming at the mouth is not the way to go? This was a nice, civilised discussion of some of the issues, both pro and con. You ranting on about how intelligent you are and how stupid everybody else is makes the con case more effectively than any self-styled atheist could.

Comment

At least the "self styled" atheists know where they stand.

Comment

If you want a theological discussion - subject to time pressures- I am more than happy to oblige.
                Are you a qualified theologian?
                Ah, didn't think so...
                One can tell, you see.

Comment

lb

"Can't help but feel though that if we all gave away everything we had, we would achieve little as a species, and would all be sitting around in happy groups ravaged by polio and TB."

since when has confrontation ever bettered cooperation? just maybe, our 'natural selection' is in fact a rump mechanism that merely propogates our current rickety populations.

Comment

Re: lb

For sure. Total selfishness is no good either. You need a balance - enough selfishness that you are motivated to do things other than sit around in happy groups singing songs, but not so much that there is no co-operation ethic.

Comment

more of a theologian than you will ever be.

theology -1 : the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world

Comment

Working...
                      X