• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Links from the Bench vol. CLXVI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    That is a mere hint of the big problem that will confront people in the future in attempting to assert their individuality and originality.
    Hence the sight I recently enjoyed of a man in a silly hat in starbucks ordering a coffee, the description of which was so complicated he had to pause for breath.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      "As far as killer whales are concerned, the semen is collected from an adult male trained to voluntarily ejaculate. The male, positioned belly up and adjacent to the edge of the pool, is trained to present his penis." The article includes photographs of this process, which may be NSFW if you work with large marine mammals
      The next time someone asks me what NSFW means, I shall use this as an example.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        They get gobsmacked when all I say is "black".

I generally end up with something moderately undrinkable & too hot.
        In most places that would be an americano (basically an expresso with lots of hot water added).

Eek in teaching Zeity to suck eggs mode.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X