• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am an atheist.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The Marquis de Sade was an atheist.
    Hitler had a moustache
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

POPE is an anagram of EPOP which is a four letter word starting with 'E', the same as EVIL.

I rest my case.........
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Indeed not. Religious people think it’s OK to do harm as long as they confess their sins before they die, then they go to heaven. You can only go to heaven if you are a catholic.
        Enough with the laughably trite ludicrous generalisations! That's the kind of argument that would get laughed at in the first week at university.

Atheists believe the only life is the one we have on Earth therefore we should make the best of it and cooperate with our fellow human beings.
        Have you been outside anytime this century?

The foundations on which you've built your conclusions make pastafarians look well-grounded in fact.

But thanks for sharing your faith so we can laugh at it.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The only common thing that atheists believe is that religion has not satisfied it's burden of proof.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            POPE is an anagram of EPOP which is a four letter word starting with 'E', the same as EVIL.

I rest my case.........
            erm Genius!

I think?

Comment

I am an atheist.

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              The only common thing that atheists believe is that religion has not satisfied it's burden of proof.
              WHS

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                erm Genius!

I think?

Not original I'm afraid
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Atheists believe the only life is the one we have on Earth therefore we should make the best of it and cooperate with our fellow human beings.
                  Well-disposed ones maybe, who would be inoffensive whether they were atheists or not.

But what is to prevent an atheist, who believes the only life is the one we have on Earth, concluding they should make the most of it and f*** over their fellow human beings? If anything I'd have thought that was marginally more logical for them, if you want to make a comparison.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    But what is to prevent an atheist, who believes the only life is the one we have on Earth, concluding they should make the most of it and f*** over their fellow human beings? If anything I'd have thought that was marginally more logical for them, if you want to make a comparison.
                    How would they go about doing them over? Many people will rip off and exploit others if they can, regardless of religion or lack of. Doing people over in an illegal way is a bad idea as the police will come after you. There are various safe guards to the parameters of society against this and people are generally(!) raised to observe these parameters.

If is in my own interests to be pleasant and helpful to others as it makes them better disposed to me which will help me in the long run. Also, I like being pleasant and helpful to others, my beliefs in supernatural creatures, aliens etc is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Possibly for the first time, WHS.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X