• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still want to vote Tory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh so the rate of arrests for Romanians is 27,725/68,000 so 0.40772 arrests per person legally here.

Compare that to 1,360,451/62,641,000 = 0.021718

So Romanians are ~20 times more likely to commit a crime than the general populace?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      oh so the rate of arrests for Romanians is 27,725/68,000 so 0.40772 arrests per person legally here.

So Romanians are ~20 times more likely to commit a crime than the general populace?
      I think it could be 68k in Britain but 28k arrests in London alone.

Comment

I am buying a property in Romania it is a great place to live as crime has fallen dramatically there
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The government don't really help themselves by dramatically reducing the number of police and border control personnel at this present time. Surely these figures will now go up and they only have themselves to blame...Or will they outsource it?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            The government don't really help themselves by dramatically reducing the number of police and border control personnel at this present time. Surely these figures will now go up and they only have themselves to blame...Or will they outsource it?
            Yes, and they have a plan to outsource the secret services too. It's called Bob's your U.N.C.L.E.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              The UK border agency is utterly useless no matter how much money you chuck at it. Just like every other public sector function
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Glad to see you're finally using the denominators to get a rate.
                It certainly looks like Romanians are disproportionately criminal.
                The next step to assess whether this is true or not is to figure out if these numbers are, in fact, accurate.
                Where are you getting the figures from?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I think it could be 68k in Britain but 28k arrests in London alone.
                  you are right
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Romanians have folk walking the streets in the morning round my way, looking out for skips and any bins that have been left out, I see them maybe twice a week as I walk down to the station.

I know an area not far from me organised a 'welcoming committee' for them after they were seen going up lanes and looking in shed windows, a few slaps were dished out.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      ...a few slaps were dished out.
                      By the local slappers?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X