• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've just got my first gig in the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Did you get Chris Tarrant's autograph?
    One bloke who seems pretty sound to me..
    He was gone by then; we had Johnny Vaughan instead. One time I'd nipped out and was heading back upstairs, and I saw this bloke coming downstairs who I realised I knew from somewhere, so I put on that face you do when you're about to say hello to somebody but you can't remember who they are; and just then he saw me looking at him as if I was about to say hello to him, and put on that face you do when you're thinking "Oh God, this guy's recognised me and is going to talk to me and I'll have to pretend to be all 'Yeah, alright mate' when I just want to go home 'cos I've been here since 5 in the morning" and I realised I didn't know him at all, I only recognised him because it was Johnny Vaughan on his way home. So I averted my gaze, and we passed each other without exchanging a word.

I also saw Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen shaking hands on his way out after signing a contract to do a show on Classic FM (who were on the 1st floor) and then a few weeks later encountered him arriving on one of those Virgin motorcyle taxis; he looked a right cock riding on the back of that with a light brown overcoat billowing around him and a Virgin motorcycle helmet, as they rode across Leicester Square.

I saw Rick Wakeman turning up a couple of times, but then they sold off Planet Rock (on which he had a show) so he didn't come there any more.

Oh, and that voice in the lift that tells you what floor you're on, and what the doors are doing? That was Johnny Vaughan again; really ******* irritating. I used to console myself with the thought that he signed this big contract, and turned up on his first day feeling really important, and they said "OK Johnny, first things first: get in that studio and record the announcements for the lift."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      He was gone by then ...
      Three golden opportunities missed to twat someone famous.
      But don't worry I've missed more. See my thread on that..

Comment

Working...
      X