• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    So I can buy a terraced house in Surrey finally.
    Terrace?
    Dear boy raise your sights a little...A semi is the minimum

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
      Terrace?
      Dear boy raise your sights a little...A semi is the minimum
      In London? then there should be at least a 50% crash then.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Hey Francko have you finally dumped the "trappings" of permiedom.

"The contractor among contractors"
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ah! He's a permie...explains the Bedsit in Surreyville

Comment

No mortgage thank feck. Maybe now I can buy that row of terraces that I always dreamed of. You need dreams.

Comment

My grasp of economics is not so good - but it seems that most of the levers for inflation are actually government controlled:

Utilities: monopolostic entities recently allowed to raise prices well above inflation -water alone went up 20% last year. Strategic planning would leave UK less vulnerable to price swings

Fuel - ok oil is at $70 @barrel but tax is the major component of price at the pump reduce the tax component to stabilise prices, help industry and economy - may mean less to give to Africa but who really gives a feck about Africa

Used to be pay rises that raised inflation - with all the immigration I think pay has stabilised to reflect increse in labour pool
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yes immigration is the answer.

The more that come in, the better off we all are.

Here's the proof:

House prices will rise due to demand.
                Pay rises will fall and hence inflation will fall.
                They will wipe my bum when I'm older.
                We won't have any of them nasty skills shortages.

I'm just annoyed the government seem to think 1,000,000 a year is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  My grasp of economics is not so good - but it seems that most of the levers for inflation are actually government controlled:

Utilities: monopolostic entities recently allowed to raise prices well above inflation -water alone went up 20% last year. Strategic planning would leave UK less vulnerable to price swings

Fuel - ok oil is at $70 @barrel but tax is the major component of price at the pump reduce the tax component to stabilise prices, help industry and economy - may mean less to give to Africa but who really gives a feck about Africa

Used to be pay rises that raised inflation - with all the immigration I think pay has stabilised to reflect increse in labour pool

And the contents of the RPI of course...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Where do you get a fixed term for 7 years at 2.2%?

Comment

Working...
                    X