• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A job offer out of the blue...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got something similar to the OP email this morning sent from a random yahoo address but i'm not as lucky as it's only for an interview

Hi
    As a result your application, I would like to invite you to attend an interview.
    You will have an interview with the department manager, Edie Wilson. The interview will last about 30 min.
    Please bring three reference (If available), as well as a copy of your ID, e.g. Passport, Driving License to the interview.
    Please contact me on 07053500579, in order to arrange an interview
    We look forward to seeing you

As they have very kindly left a mobile number shall I play with this scammer I'll hide my mobile number first though of course.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
      Got something similar to the OP email this morning sent from a random yahoo address but i'm not as lucky as it's only for an interview

Hi
      As a result your application, I would like to invite you to attend an interview.
      You will have an interview with the department manager, Edie Wilson. The interview will last about 30 min.
      Please bring three reference (If available), as well as a copy of your ID, e.g. Passport, Driving License to the interview.
      Please contact me on 07053500579, in order to arrange an interview

As they have very kindly left a mobile number shall I play with this scammer I'll hide my mobile number first though of course.
      You might like to register the mob no with every ambulance-chasing lawyer and PPI reclaim firm you can find?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

Respectfully,
        Miss Angela
        Recruitment Manager

Received this morning - no idea who Miss Angela is.
        Anyone fancy clicking on the link
        Some Bob.
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Still trying it on.

Heres the same scam - the phone number is "not recognised" though. Replied to his email from another account adddress asking for more details - lets wait and see if he replies!

----- Forwarded Message -----
          To:
          Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013, 11:50
          Subject: Invitation to job Interview

Hi

Please contact me on 07064848763, in order to arrange an interview

Best regards

Andy Collin

Comment

I know an actual Edie Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
              Heres the same scam - the phone number is "not recognised" though.
              Just as well, aren't 070 numbers premium rate?

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                Just as well, aren't 070 numbers premium rate?
                Near enough. They cost about 50p/minute from a BT land line (probably more from mobiles) and the party who receives the call gets a cut of this....

Can you see what it is yet?
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Forward it to scameaters

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                  Hi ,

We are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us in our Company. Having seen your resume on
                  jobsite.co.uk.

The salary for position offered is 1,500 GBP per month. The standard group benefit plans and fringe benefits will be covered. The job details will be provided to you with return e-mail.

Your working timetable will be Monday through Friday for 2-3 hours a day. Trial period - 30 working days from the day you apply.

Please contact with Human Resource Department at
                  [email protected] if you agree to the specified terms and conditions.

Respectfully,
                  Miss Angela
                  Recruitment Manager

Received this morning - no idea who Miss Angela is.
                  Anyone fancy clicking on the link
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Received today from [email protected]

Hi

Please contact me on 07064848737, in order to arrange an interview

Best regards

Charles brown

Comment

So everytime they get caught (about once a day) they use another number.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X