• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lets welcome more indian nationals into the country to work in tech business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point...

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    The initiation of force is not generally conductive to human progress.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Nope. A government can coerce in many other ways, it doesn't need to be physical at all. In fact every political party vying to be the next in power coerces you to vote for them through the power of lying. As man is a inherently weak animal he believes in those tales of wonder and voila, you have been coerced into believing them. This is in much the same way that you have been coerced by your peers to believe in what you're saying here.
      And then you go on to say that we should submit ourselves to a democratically unaccountable superstate!
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Two things the Bobs don't have, the ability to speak clear English and the ability to give an honest answer instead of the face-saving one he thinks you want to hear....
        We had a native inexperienced (aka blagger PM) running the last project and he was trusted with ramping up the dev team.

He had no experience in hiring and went with the CVs that were put in front of him, 90% of which were from Indian devs.
        He hired a team full of Indian devs; personally I had no issues with this as I am not bothered about an individuals ethnicity, so long as
        they are a good dev and the project is successful.

I found the Indian devs to be highly educated on paper (BSCs, MSCs, MBAs) and highly motivated and comitted. Throughout the
        project the comittment remained and they tried their best to keep the project on track.

However, as time passed there were so many issues regarding inaccurate reporting, honesty and communication that the project ultimately failed.

They would time and again refuse to accept they had missed a deadline or wrongly implemented a use case. Most of them were highy decorated with qualifications yet were all under the age of 30. They had little or no experience in full life cycle project development.

They appeared to be more code hackers than principled software design engineers.

By the end the company was so sick of the bickering amongst the Indian devs they no longer hire them. I have been to meetings
        and seen Indian CVs put to one side simply based on the Indian name. This is not because the management are in any way racist but simply
        becuase of their past experiences in having hired them.

To my mind this trend of hiring Indian devs may be short lived unless Indian devs can raise their game and be more software engineer than
        bickering code hacker.
        Last edited by insur; 6 February 2013, 10:25.

Comment

Working...
        X