• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sockies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Dull I may be but sockie, if I understand the meaning correctly, I am not.
    Do you like films about gladiators?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Do you like films about gladiators?

Prefer ones about ships. Like Master and Commander. If that isn't too dull.

Comment

The Perfect Storm

one day at a time

Comment

Try the books (written by this guy about this guy).

Wonderful.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Try the books (written by this guy about this guy).

Wonderful.
            Yep, have read some Patrick O'Brien, but will try the Thomas Cochran, thanks.

I love some of the old naval history stories. Like the captain who had a sailor hanged on the spot for pointing out they were about to crash onto some rocks. It was an offence for a sailor to make his own navigational calculations at the time, only officers were allowed to. Hundreds died, the captain was washed up alive but was murdered by a local woman for his rings.
            She confessed on her deathbed, apparently. Reminds me of my old line manager. Except that noone has murdered her yet, surprisingly.

Comment

Yep, have read some Patrick O'Brien, but will try the Thomas Cochran, thanks.

I love some of the old naval history stories. Like the captain who had a sailor hanged on the spot for pointing out they were about to crash onto some rocks. It was an offence for a sailor to make his own navigational calculations at the time, only officers were allowed to. Hundreds died, the captain was washed up alive but was murdered by a local woman for his rings.
              She confessed on her deathbed, apparently. Reminds me of my old line manager. Except that noone has murdered her yet, surprisingly.
              This is just brilliant

If you're into the subject this is as good as it gets.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                This is just brilliant

If you're into the subject this is as good as it gets.

That looks fab I must get it, cheers

Comment

Dull I may be but sockie, if I understand the meaning correctly, I am not.
                  WHS.

He is not a sockie but a council funded gravy train hogger pretending to do social work but filling in his boots at every opportunity. Why dont you get a proper job ?
                  Last edited by fullyautomatix; 4 February 2013, 08:33.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Can we remember this isn't a book club and keep on topic please!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Bearing in mind BP is on a long ban there were bound to be a raft of them appearing? That SandyD one in prof forums looks like a bit of a twunt as well.
                      There used to be a poster named SandyDown who was banned for being Anti-Semitic IIRC. Give it time.

Comment

Working...
                      X