• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you witnessed any accidents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Bedridden for a week.
    The laundry bill must have been astronomical
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Have you witnessed any accidents?

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Was standing at a bus stop once, car bumped into the one in front, kids in the back seat of the car in front got a bit of a bump, next thing the guy in the hitting car reverses and hits the car behind. Then a pint of milk gets chucked from one from one of the grannies at the bus stop ,"watch the kids" gets screamed.

So the guy gets his car into the middle of the road and drives away with what can only be described as a romanic war onslaught with bean tins, tulipe meat and cans of soup getting hurled at the car from the bus stop.

Strangest thing I ever seen.
      That's unbelievable! You actually were waiting for a bus? I thought this was a contracting forum.
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

I have been involved in two rta's with the police:

1) i was driving driving at about 40 mph on a straight road through some lights when an unmarked turned in front of me. Completely wrote off both cars, my headlights ended up touching his elbow. Good job he was driving solo. He said I'd gone through a red and he had a green filter, independent witnesses backed me up fortunately. Interestingly I was breathalised, he wasn't. I had to walk home injured and he was whisked off in a marked car. Weren't the '80s fab?

2) marked panda was stopped at the lights, I skidded on ice and ran onto the back of it on my fs1e (that's a moped for our younger viewers). Plod picked me up and sent me on my way, ignoring the ding in the rear of the panda. Bless

Comment

Saw quite a few in Saudi.

I saw the aftermath of one in which the guy had gone straight through the windscreen leaving the shreds of his ghoutra blowing in the wind .

Nearly got to witness an execution but fortunately managed to avoid that.

Comment

Was driving the Works Talbot Samba from picking a cheque up (I was an Accountant then - yeah, I know...) - M6, 1991 ish, Lymm junction approaching - was speeding, 85 ish in right lane even in a Samba, decided to slow down for some reason (one of the pointers to me that someone is watching over me) and 10 mins later, brake lights abound ahead.

Pretty soon police there and traffic stopped and we are all diverted off the M6 at Lymm. Accident right on Junction, still see it now, tanker on other carriageway crossed carriageway barrier (to where I would have been) and smacked a Silver Grey Volvo 740 head on, on woman driver (was in paper after) - she was hanging out of rear passenger door, legs all over the place, blood everywhere, course I looked.....

Fkn awful, never forgot it.

Comment

Seen loads but the one that sticks in my memory was on the motorway heading south half a dozen years ago.
              It was late on Sunday, and the racing had been on at Silverstone.
              This bird pulled off the sliproad in a sports car, she was already doing a ton, and she pulled right in front of me then varoomed off into the distance. A few cars had to swerve and jiggle, but no major harm done.
              After about 90 seconds , I saw the red lights go on , then the hazards, then cars swerving all over the place

when I got there, a few seconds later, the sports car was jammed against the central reservation, facing the wrong way, the passenger was leaning over throwing his guts up, and the bird was scrabbling, trying to get her door or window open. Sheer terror and panic on her face

Petrol was spurting out all over the place. I was just debating whether to stop when I smelt the fumes and I thought 'this bastid is gonna blow'

I have no idea if she ever got out
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Saw one young lad get an air hose shoved up his bum. Of course, none of young lads realised that it could be fatal. They whisked him off to hospital, and he was ok , it was a near miss.

When the woman in charge of the college interviewed us, we all kept schtum, I mean, how does one tell a posh bird that yer mates had an air line shoved up his @rse ? So she asked what and where. we all shuffled and stared at our shoes
                'Rectum ?' she said sweetly
                'Wrecked him ? it fckng near killed him' said our tutor
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When I was a nipper a neighbour witnessed a traffic accident and was called to court to give her version of the events.

When she next saw an accident about to happen she turned away so that she couldn't see it.

She didn't want to go through the pain again. Apart from the hassle taking time off from a well paid job, some fancy lawyer had managed to insult her when she presented her account in court.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I got knocked down when I was 19, stepped out in front of a car, went through the windscreen and catapulted 20 yards over the back. Was lucky I was only laid up for two weeks. Still have the scars 30 years later.

On the plus side I saw a speeding white van collide with a taxi doing an illegal u-turn in Southwark Bridge Road yesterday morning. That's just about the most perfect accident ever.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Witnessed one because I was in it, sideways to victory off a road with a flat rear tyre.

Not a particularly happy experience.

Witnessed another when a twat on a motorbike overtook me on the way into work for nightshift & proceeded to hit a car coming out of the carpark.

Said twat was still on crutches 18 months later when the case came to court.

Nasty fracture of fibia & tibia that wouldn't knit.

I can still remember the sight of the bone sticking out of his leg.

And, feckwhit as I am, I appeared as a witness.
                      Something similar. Was sat in the back passenger side of a car on the way to college when I was 17 with a group of lads taking a back country road.
                      As we got to the end of the lane it went on to a main road, completely blind junction & for some unknown reason the driver decided to boot it on to the main road without stopping or looking(his argument later was he'd done in the a few nights earlier, which is of course logical when you can see headlight reflections and see the road is clear, during morning rush hour it's not).

The second he booted it, all the passengers went 'Whoa, hang on' and SLAM, a motorbike went straight into the front of the bonnet. It was a 40mph road and regardless of the speed of the guy he didn't stand a chance, then in slow motion, he flew through the air for a good 60 feet before hitting the ground and launching himself up again. Two broken legs, bones sticking out, broken arm. Turned out to be the local school PE teacher(needless to say he wasn't going to be working again). Car was a right off. Thank god it was only a bike, a car at least the people to the right of me would have died, a lorry we'd all be dead.

The guys a bank manager now.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X