• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you take time off between contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob s View Post
    I do however expect that feeling to fade after my second day of daytime TV.
    If you expect to be relaxing at home a lot, get some DVD box sets or one of those services where you can download them.

I might rewatch 24 next

Comment

I told the wife the when i don't have a contract i will crack on with that decorating she wants doing so other than 2 weeks in the sun each year i have not had a break in 4 and a half years.

Seriously though i find going from one contract to another quite stressfull i like to take a least a couple of weeks off so never bother looking until the one i am in ends, although i am lucky i have a 12 month warchest

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        although i am lucky i have a 12 month warchest
        That doesnt sound very lucky, what do you mean by that? I have a 10 year one at just covering essentials, or 7 years at permie level of income.

I started contracting in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          That doesnt sound very lucky, what do you mean by that? I have a 10 year one at just covering essentials, or 7 years at permie level of income.

Following on from my other thread - I can't afford to take any time off!

Comment

I told the wife the when i don't have a contract i will crack on with that decorating she wants doing so other than 2 weeks in the sun each year i have not had a break in 4 and a half years.
            Yikes! How come?

I set myself a good target "work days" each year - but a nice bit of time off too

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

Lucky in that i don't need to worry about chasing into the next contract i know there are people on here who have been benched for 12 months but i can turn my hand to other things besides IT and have contacts in other industries so would be going doing somthing else if i got close to 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by Kelstar View Post
                Yikes! How come?

I set myself a good target "work days" each year - but a nice bit of time off too
                Its just the way its fallen the last few contracts have been good and close to home no traveling no weekends late starts early finish, no stress so not felt the need to take time off, but as i said when it ends i shall take some time

Comment

Its just the way its fallen the last few contracts have been good and close to home no traveling no weekends late starts early finish, no stress so not felt the need to take time off, but as i said when it ends i shall take some time
                  Ah I see. I get that, as much as I say I'm definitely taking a couple of months off in the summer. Bird in the hand and all that....

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Worrying one.... :-(

Almost 2 years for me....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                      He's in the land of chocolate and watches, no such thing as IR35 there
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X