• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swansea ball boy - should action be taken?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    What did Cantona get for kicking that fan?
    Two weeks in wormworth scrubs and an 8 month ban
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      What did Cantona get for kicking that fan?
      From wikipedia

Cantona was arrested and convicted for assault, resulting in a two week prison sentence. This was overturned in the appeal court and instead he was sentenced to 120 hours of community service.

In accordance with the Football Association's wishes, Manchester United suspended Cantona for the remaining four months of the 1994–95 season, which ruled him out of first team action as United were still in the hunt for a second double. He was also fined £20,000.

The Football Association then increased the ban to eight months (up to and including 30 September 1995) and fined him a further £10,000. The FA Chief Executive Graham Kelly described his attack as "a stain on our game" that brought shame on football. FIFA then confirmed the suspension as worldwide, meaning that Cantona couldn't escape the ban by transferring to a foreign club.[20] Manchester United also fined Cantona two weeks' wages and he was stripped of the French captaincy;[21] his club eventually lost the Premier League title to Blackburn Rovers.

---------------------------------
      But IMO the ball boy's actions were far worse - as he was interrupting the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

But IMO the ball boy's actions were far worse - as he was interrupting the game.
        And Hazard's actions were nowhere near as bad as Cantona's. He'll probably get another 1 or 2 matches added to the red card ban but I doubt there'll be any more.

Comment

Working...
        X