• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have the conservatives already lost the next election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And if you are correct, we will see mass immigration, money printing, big bank bailouts and bonuses, special consideration for the hyper rich, more EU meddling, mass unemployment and a ballooning deficit.

Or to put it another way, same as we have now.

New Tory == New Labour
    WHS, sadly
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      The first pictures in the press of Romanians and Bulgarians on their way here in 2014 and Cameron is finished.
      It certainly won't help him.

People have already forgotten which government lost control of the borders and immigration.

So we'll probably vote them back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Maybe, but in 2014 they'll be allowed to work in Germany, NL, Belgium, Austria, and a few other places too, so why whould they go to Britain if they can earn more somewhere else?
        Possibly Mich because the majority of those who speak a second language will have English as that second language.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
          Possibly Mich because the majority of those who speak a second language will have English as that second language.
          Some do, but many speak German. Among Romanians, quite a few speak Italian (although the Italian economy doesn't provide huge opportunity for the skilled people, it employs a lot of seasonal workers and is arguably dependent upon them). But I understand the concern; I support the idea of free movement of people, but maybe it's being implemented in an entirely unmanaged fashion that puts an uneven burden on the English speaking countries. That's partly thanks to other EU countries demanding delays (France, Germany), but the English language is certainly a factor.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            And because the UK is seen as being soft on those claiming benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
              Yup, me too. Unfortunately though, people now realise that they can vote themselves more money. Voting Tory isn't going to improve their situation tomorrow although it will do in the future; voting Labour means more money tomorrow regardless of the consequences.
              Yup, and hence why democracy will ultimately implode on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                Yup, me too. Unfortunately though, people now realise that they can vote themselves more money. Voting Tory isn't going to improve their situation tomorrow although it will do in the future; voting Labour means more money tomorrow regardless of the consequences.
                I disagree with you - and agree with DP. It makes no difference if you vote Tory or Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I disagree with you

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    And because the UK is seen as being soft on those claiming benefits.
                    It's seen that way for some reason but is it soft?

Perhaps most people think the UK is the best place to find work quickly.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Any chance of a poll?

Ta.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X